300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are my heroes

I grew up in a typical, middle class family. I was taught respect for LEo, Firefighters, and everyone. As a normal, middle class adult, I never had a negative view of the Police. I am in my 50's and have had two parking tickets, my only interaction with anything Law Enforcement related. I also did not know any cops personally, so I had NO experience with law enforcement.
    Three years ago, my daughter was brutally murdered. It is an ugly case, and as of today, there are still no arrests. She was not a drinker, drugger, or anything but a naieve young woman who got mixed up with a bad guy. The case continues to move forward, but the toll it has taken on our family has been beyond description.
    What I want to say to all of you in LEO, your tireless efforts to help us get justice for our daughter are BEYOND anthing I would have imagined.
    I know the prosecuor and the investigators lose sleep at night, not every night like I do, but often enough to put them through the hell we are going through.
    I never imagined the work involved, the personal costs of the investigators involed in this case, and the toll it has taken on you.
    I know you will not quit.
    This is for all of you, whether you are involved in my daughter's case or not. (some of you may know of the case).
    There are no adequate words to thank you for your devotion for justice. You are earning "stars in your crown" every day.
    I lrespect and love you all.

Very nice post. I am not an LEO but I share your sentiments of LEOs. I know what you are going through is hard (I can't even begin to imagine going through it myself), but stay in the fight and never give up. Justice will be served.
    Last edited by KY Blue 72; 09-15-2009, 07:22 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Sorry to her about your daughter. I have a similar case in my own family that went cold, been over 8 years. The city police was investigating, but not enough evidence for a conviction. It was my sister who was shot and killed in the head at point blank range. But I know the murderers will be found soon, hopefully. The bible says, "the truth shall come to light." Once again, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. But LE always does the best in everything, or atleast trying to figure out solutons to problems, not only in investigations but every day life. It is nice to hear someone thank law enforcement. Though, not necessary, always appreciated.
      Last edited by az4code23; 09-15-2009, 07:23 PM.
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

We feel, we hurt and we love. Just like everyone else. When we buy a case like yours, we hurt rigtht along with you. Believe it.

May the Good Lord continue to give you comfort and caress your heart.

And may my brothers and sisters entrusted in solving thisn case, find the answers and deliver the guilty.

Thank you for your kind, selfless words. We do this, for you. People, just like you.
        The All New
        BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
        Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
        - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

Yea, I'm like KY blue 72...

Most of my friends, about 90% of them are LEO's.... There is a reason for this, but not important regarding this thread....

I am a educator, have been for almost 9 years, off and on for +20. I have always compared, equated, LEO's as the antibiotics of a system, this system being society.

I also know that (We) society mandates total vigilance, which every LEO possesses. Educators are held at these standards, our goal share a commonality.

I believe we ( Educators ) aspire for pretty much the same reasons.

God Bless,

Alex
          Last edited by asullivan; 09-16-2009, 12:30 AM. Reason: stuff
          Originally posted by mookster
          Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
          Originally posted by CityCopDC
          I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
          Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Wow....

Very kind of you to post that.

I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and wish you and your family the best as you continue on through what I can only imagine is a very difficult situation.

Comment

Thank you..................
              I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

Thank you for the post. It is always nice to hear someone say something positive to us, even in the midst of something horrible that you are going through. It is rare enough to hear words of encouragement, and I thank you for that.

I hope that things work out, and that whoever committed such a crime receives appropriate justice. My thoughts are with you, and my familys' prayers.
                I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

*Sorry, double post*
                  I disaprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire

Comment

Green Eye 55, people like you make people like us feel good about what we aspire to do. Sometimes the bad guy gets away, but he gets his eventually. If not in this life, the afterlife. The Lord judges absolutely; the court judges according to law. May you find peace in your life, and may your daughter live on through you and all those whose lives she has touched.

Also, I see that you're from Nebraska. PM me if you need anything. Keep your head up and your shoulders square.
                    "To know that you know what you know and that you do not know what you do not know; that is true knowledge." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by asullivan View Post
                      Yea, I'm like KY blue 72...

Most of my friends, about 90% of them are LEO's.... There is a reason for this, but not important regarding this thread....

I am a educator, have been for almost 9 years, off and on for +20. I have always compared, equated, LEO's as the antibiotics of a system, this system being society.

I also know that (We) society mandates total vigilance, which every LEO possesses. Educators are held at these standards, our goal share a commonality.

I believe we ( Educators ) aspire for pretty much the same reasons.

God Bless,

Alex

Comment

She was an educator, too. She shared your goals.
                        God bless all of you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5531 users online. 341 members and 5190 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X