X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by Syncrosonix View Post
    i wonder how much blood sprayed after cutting the torso.
    I'm betting the student inadvertently repainted his walls.
    Last edited by Till; 09-20-2009, 02:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OrlandoExp103
    replied
    Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
    Where is Billy Mays when you need him.....
    Uh....Dead?

Leave a comment:

• penguinmafia
    replied
    Cutting robbery down to size. Sorry had to throw in my pun. That's what happens when you try to rob a ninja. Absolute win for the student.

Leave a comment:

• Syncrosonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Taylor1430 View Post
    Where is Billy Mays when you need him.....It slices and dices and offers home security. Today only half price...and if you order within the next 10 minutes, we double your order and throw in some throwing stars for free.....Call Now!!!
    screw billy mays. what they need is vince with shamWOW! i imagine that they'll need to use that product to clean up all of the blood. i wonder how much blood sprayed after cutting the torso.

Leave a comment:

• ISPY4U2
    replied
    Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
    ...Pontolillo struck Rice once with the sword, nearly severing Rice's left hand and causing a severe wound to his upper body. Rice died at the scene.
    That deserves:

Leave a comment:

• tehJet
    replied
    Good for the kid! When I was his age...2 years ago, my friends and I had our house burglarized, I think none of us had ever been that ****ed off. For most people, you really can't know exactly how you're going to react in that situation, and he stepped up and did what he had to do.

Besides, I'm sure the burglar didn't want to go back to prison anyway

Leave a comment:

• orlandofed5-0
    replied
    Police say N.J. man who killed intruder with samurai sword didn't have 'intent to kill'
    by The Associated Press
    Thursday September 17, 2009, 12:39 PM
    BALTIMORE -- Baltimore homicide detectives don't believe a Johns Hopkins University student had "the intent to kill" when he used a samurai sword to confront an intruder behind his home, a police spokesman said today.

Twenty-year-old John Pontolillo, a junior chemistry major from Wall Township, killed the man with a single blow early Tuesday after police said the suspected burglar lunged at him.

Lloyd Fox/The Baltimore Sun/
    The yard where a Johns Hopkins University student from Wall armed with a samurai sword killed an intruder in his garage early this morning.
    Pontolillo has not been charged in the death of Donald D. Rice, 49, who had a long rap sheet of burglary arrests and was released from jail just two days before the altercation. Prosecutors will determine whether charges are appropriate after consulting with police, a process that could take weeks.

"We do not believe he went down there with the intent to kill somebody," police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said of Pontolillo. "We're looking to see if he was the aggressor, and so far the evidence doesn't suggest that."

When Pontolillo saw Rice, he raised the sword and yelled for his roommates to call police, Guglielmi said. Rice lunged at the student, who backed up against a wall. At that point, Pontolillo struck Rice once with the sword, nearly severing Rice's left hand and causing a severe wound to his upper body. Rice died at the scene.

Guglielmi said today that when the student found Rice, he was was hiding in the small, fenced courtyard between the back porch and the detached garage behind Pontolillo's off-campus home. Police had initially said Rice was hiding inside the garage.

Police also revealed that Pontolillo and his three roommates, all Hopkins students, had been warned by a city officer and a campus security officer late Monday about a suspicious person in the neighborhood just east of campus.

At that point, the students told the officers that Pontolillo's XBox video game console and two laptop computers had been stolen from their home earlier that night. Police investigated and found no signs of forced entry, according to police reports about the thefts.

After the officers left, Pontolillo retrieved the sword and decided to perform a more thorough search, including the garage and his car, Guglielmi said. The officers heard the screams during the encounter with Rice and rushed back to the scene, he said.

Pontolillo has not returned calls seeking comment. A man who answered the phone at the home of John A. Pontolillo said he had no comment.

Rice's sister, Peggy Rice, told WJZ-TV in Baltimore Wednesday that her brother did not deserve to die and that the student should be charged.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor1430
    replied
    Where is Billy Mays when you need him.....It slices and dices and offers home security. Today only half price...and if you order within the next 10 minutes, we double your order and throw in some throwing stars for free.....Call Now!!!

Leave a comment:

• siggyfreud
    replied
    Not sure if the video mentions it or not but I think this guy had 29 prior arrests. I'm sure that city is better off now.

Leave a comment:

• LA DEP
    replied
    Originally posted by Till View Post
    Sounds like defensive items from a Kalifornia or UK resident.
    Actually, pretty much everything he listed are felonies to possess (under certain circumstances) in CA.....

Leave a comment:

• marcusindc
    replied
    Originally posted by ISPY4U2 View Post
    6. 2 Cats (When thrown at intruder, very effective)
    7. Three kids (see #6 above)
    LOL

Update to the story (to include his recent release from prison a few days before):

Leave a comment:

• Coronth
    replied
    He should have known he wasn't cut out to be a burglar.

Leave a comment:

• Till
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL View Post
    Hard as it may be to believe, you do not need a permit of any king to buy a rifle or shotgun in California.
    Nah, you just have to buy the neutered versions of them.

And I forgot expandable batons are illegal there, too.
    Last edited by Till; 09-16-2009, 09:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ChevySSP
    replied
    He sure got a "piece" of the bad guy....

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Originally posted by Till View Post
    Sounds like defensive items from a Kalifornia or UK resident.
    Hard as it may be to believe, you do not need a permit of any king to buy a rifle or shotgun in California.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5307 users online. 345 members and 4962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X