Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mother of suspect blames police for those who died during pursuit.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother of suspect blames police for those who died during pursuit.

From: http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/20859785/detail.html

JONESBORO, Ga. -- The mother of a Fayetteville man accused of causing a crash that killed two innocent women apologized Friday for her son’s actions. But she also blamed police, saying if they hadn’t chased her son, those women might still be alive.

Kathryn Snowden collapsed outside the Clayton County Courthouse after seeing her son, Christian Harris, face a judge on a long list of charges. Police said Harris led them on a chase that ended when the stolen truck he was driving slammed head-on into a car, killing Zannie Hatcher, 74, and her daughter, Bonnie Vicks, 57.

"He's only 24,” Snowden said. “His name is Christian. I named him that when I was 17 years old." She said, “I don't know what to say, but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry that this had to happen."

But Snowden said her son is not the only one to blame. "They didn't have to have the police to keep chasing him, because look what happened now. Two innocent people coming from church is gone,” she said.

Harris’s girlfriend said at the scene Wednesday night, Harris was most concerned about their two-week old son. Valarie Pettigrew told CBS Atlanta News, “He hollered out, 'I love you, and I love Merrick. Where's Merrick, which is our son's name.'"

She said he's sorry for what he did.

Harris's mother was not allowed to speak to her son in court Friday, but she said if she could talk to him, she would say, "Get on your knees. No man down here can judge us. Only the father that sits on the right hand side of the throne can judge us all."

A Clayton County police panel is looking into whether officers followed the proper police procedures during the chase.

So what else is new?
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, we're all going to die of old age waiting for some mom to say, "My son's an 'effen idiot, his actions caused the death of two innocent people, I'm sorry I didn't abort his sorry @55 xx years ago and save the world from his stupidity."
      "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapc...kes/index.html
        Last edited by Nobody; 10-08-2009, 10:23 AM.

Comment

But Snowden said her son is not the only one to blame. "They didn't have to have the police to keep chasing him, because look what happened now. Two innocent people coming from church is gone,” she said.

she said if she could talk to him, she would say, "Get on your knees. No man down here can judge us. Only the father that sits on the right hand side of the throne can judge us all."
          Wait...what? No one can judge her son, but she can judge the actions of the police?

I think I died a little inside reading that stupidity.

Comment

wow what the hell, maybe if he stopped in the first place those people would still be alive!!

“His name is Christian. I named him that when I was 17 years old."
            ...and what did she call her son the first 16 years of his life??

Comment

Only the father that sits on the right hand side of the throne can judge us all.

GOD: Whoa, whoa don't bring me into this..

And in the meantime, Futurelaw89 will say a few things about him.. He's a worthless idiot and so is the mother.

Everyone is apologizing (mother&girlfriend) on his behalf but this POS probably has zero remorse.

Futurelaw89

Comment

there is not point in the dead people's family trying to sue the killer as those pockets will be empty, who do they have to go against but the city and their insurance policy for acting wreckless? I suppose they get whatever personal life insurance or maybe a death policy from their own vehicle insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                  Yeah, we're all going to die of old age waiting for some mom to say, "My son's an 'effen idiot, his actions caused the death of two innocent people, I'm sorry I didn't abort his sorry @55 xx years ago and save the world from his stupidity."
                  They don't come out stupid, they are raised to be that way.

Comment

Not always. There are some kids, despite their squared-away parent's best efforts, who just have to revolt and dare to be stupid.

(Side note: Dang, I was hoping for something better to comment on, for #5000!)
                    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

She has been undoubtedly making excuses for and/or ignoring his pathetic judgements his whole life. Not surprising...
                      Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The first amendment protected views/commentary/opinions/satire expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer.

Comment

Harris's mother was not allowed to speak to her son in court Friday, but she said if she could talk to him, she would say, "Get on your knees. No man down here can judge us. Only the father that sits on the right hand side of the throne can judge us all."
                        When your son dies he will be Judged by God.

UNTIL THEN HE DEALS WITH US!!!

By the way, her statement is what her attorney told her to say so don't hold it against her to much. She thinks because of her jackass son she just won the lottery.
                        Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Only the father that sits on the right hand side of the throne can judge us all.
                          That's funny, I thought that the Father sat ON the throne, and Haysuse sat on the right.
                          What a farking moron.
                          sigpic
                          Don't make me gassy.
                          You wouldn't LIKE me when I'm gassy...

If you're offended by something that I've said...it was just your turn.

Comment

What ever happened to personal responsibility?
                            "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

Really now.

Well!

If we didn't have a law against stealing vehicles, then he wouldn't have had to run from the police and the police would have had no reason to chase him. So I guess we are all going to roast in hell.
                              Hatred never ceases by hatred, but by love alone is healed.
                              Happiness never decreases by being shared. -- Buddhist quotation
                              A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. -- Proverbs 15:1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3202 users online. 158 members and 3044 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X