Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teen charged after 'emergency' run to McDonald's

From: http://www.thestarpress.com/article/...40312/1002/rss

A state police trooper became concerned on the night of Aug. 24 when he saw what appeared to be an emergency vehicle, with a flashing red and blue strobe light, driving south on heavily traveled Ind. 3.

That pickup truck's driver was extremely aggressive, the trooper would later note, closely following other southbound vehicles until those motorists pulled to the side of the four-lane state highway. In the process, the trooper noted, the vehicle with the flashing lights nearly caused at least two traffic accidents.

Then the truck's emergency run came to an abrupt conclusion, when its driver and a passenger reached their destination: the McDonald's restaurant at 1720 S. Memorial Drive. The "emergency," it seems, was a late-night run for fast food.

The trooper found the truck's occupants -- driver Brian E. Cole, 19, and passenger Terry J. Rhyndress, 20, both of the greater New Castle area -- were not emergency personnel, just two guys with a red and blue light.

Cole -- who lives in the 3400 block of East Henry County Road 500-S -- at first told the trooper "he was from the country, and he was allowed to do more out there because it was more lenient where he lives," court documents indicate.

When that stranger-in-a-strange-land defense proved ineffective, Cole told the officer that "all the kids put those kind of lights in the front window (of their vehicles) and he didn't think he had done anything wrong," reports said.

Cole will get an opportunity to share his theories again on Sept. 29 -- his 20th birthday -- when he is scheduled to appear before Henry Superior Court 2 Judge Bob Witham for an initial hearing on a charge of impersonation of a public servant, a Class A misdemeanor carrying a maximum one-year jail term. Cole is also charged with two traffic infractions, following too closely and driving with red and blue lights.

Passenger Rhyndress is also charged with impersonation of a public servant, and is scheduled to appear in court the same day.

Local court records reflect no prior charges against either defendant.
    Future "Ask a cop"...

Future "Ask a cop"...

You got that right...
    "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Can you blame him tho? McFlurrys are pretty money.

Comment

Well, he does look like he's "from the country."
        Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like he probably should have went on past the Mickey D's and stopped in at a Soup & Salad, or perhaps 6" veggie from Subway.
          "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
            Well, he does look like he's "from the country."
            Oh he's more country then country.
            sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

Guy looks like he's 30.

Comment

Makes you wonder what kind of package he has on his tractor!
                “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

What do you expect a country boy to do when he can't step out on the back porch and kill dinner?

Comment

"Let's go to McDonald's, I'll throw the lights on."

Comment

Reminds me of an officer from a shall-remain-nameless state agency who pulled me over while I was running code in an unmarked once.

Officer: "Well you know anyone can get the visor lights on the internet nowadays."
                      Me: "That's exactly why I also have grill lights, front and back strobes, deck lights, wig wags, and my siren on."

But I agree, dumb people like this make it hard to know who is who out there.
                      "You don't want the truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall... I have neither the time, nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it."

Comment

Code 3, Signal 6, fresh fries..

Comment

That's funny, I don't care who you are.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5033 users online. 273 members and 4760 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X