Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever find yourself using 10-codes off-duty, accidentaly?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you ever find yourself using 10-codes off-duty, accidentaly?

Just curious of how many of you find yourself sometimes, not on purpose, talking in 10 codes off-duty? For instance your talking with your friends and just happen to say some ten codes. Just an interesting thread, looking for some viewpoints.
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

No, but then, my department doesn't use ten-codes.

Comment

We use 10 codes, but I don't use them in "real" life LOL.

Comment

Nope. We're also mostly plain English at work now.
        summer - winter - work

Comment

I do for text messages.....makes it faster to txt....its sad i know
          sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by eman2k5 View Post
            I do for text messages.....makes it faster to txt....its sad i know
            I might use them in texts as well, but it's with guys I work with and it's intentional..not accidentally slipping them into a conversation.
            summer - winter - work

Comment

Originally posted by JLee View Post
              I might use them in texts as well, but it's with guys I work with and it's intentional..not accidentally slipping them into a conversation.
              Yeah I do it most of the time intentional but sometimes you just have one of those days....
              sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

I intentionally use it in text to respond quickly... but I have caught myself saying "10-22"/ "22 that" to my non-LE friends on two occasions. For those who dont use 10 code, it means "Disregard last transmission" or simply, "nevermind"

Comment

Originally posted by CPDEMT View Post
                  I intentionally use it in text to respond quickly... but I have caught myself saying "10-22"/ "22 that" to my non-LE friends on two occasions. For those who dont use 10 code, it means "Disregard last transmission" or simply, "nevermind"
                  lol, 10-22 is the reason I started this thread. lol, I had to catch myself talking to some friends not familiar with le codes. It was kind of funny though.

+2
                  "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

We only use like 5 codes, so it's mostly plain language...

That being said, I ordered food at the drive thru while I was working, and when the person told me to pull around to the window, I said "10-4" !!!

I was really mentally tired that day!!!

Comment

No, infact i hardly use them over the radio either.

Comment

My dad's done it once or twice to me. I say something and get a "10-9?" (repeat). He's also said 10-36 when asking me for the time.

I have trouble talking to other agencies. You're not supposed to use any signals or codes, so when you call you want to just rattle out your codes and signals, but have to stop yourself, and end up sounding like you have some kind of speech impediment and stumble all over your words every time you'd want to use a code. Its like you've forgotten how to talk in English sometimes.

Closest I've had it happen in everyday talk is wanting to 10-4 someone when they tell me something. Speaking of texting, let me just say that it is really annoying when someone says 10-4 in a text. Its not like its saving time. I could see like "20V" instead of saying "mentally ill violent person" ....but you could save yourself keystrokes and just say "ok."
                        Last edited by OrlandoExp103; 09-14-2009, 12:26 AM.
                        When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

No to 10-codes, but occasionally when off-duty, as I pull into my own driveway in my personal vehicle I'll make a grab for a radio mic that isn't there.
                          ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

I'll say "I'm sorry 10-9 (aka say that again" to my wife when she says something I don't want to hear. It annoys her. Of course I also tell her she's Sig 20 (crazy).

Comment

My agency doesn't use 10 codes.
                              Those who believe, ye shall receive.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6254 users online. 344 members and 5910 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X