Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man with oxygen bottle robs bank

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Man with oxygen bottle robs bank

    Elderly man with oxygen tank wanted in bank robbery
    September 12, 2009 | 5:28 pm

    A tall, sportily-dressed man in his 70s, with an oxygen bottle over his shoulder and a tube leading to a nose-piece, robbed the San Diego National Bank of an unspecified amount of money this morning, the FBI said.

    The man, described as 6-foot-4 and wearing a golf cap and checkered blazer, presented the cashier a note and walked out of the bank with the cash. He was last seen walking briskly away. No weapon was displayed during the incident.

    Tellers described the white-haired bandit as wearing glasses, with liver spots on his hands. Anyone with information is asked to call the FBI, (858) 565-1255.

    --Tony Perry in San Diego
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

  • #2
    Horrible! But at the same time funny!
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

    Comment


    • #3
      Old timer probably is probably afraid he's gonna get dropped from Medicare if the new health bill passes. I imagine he's either just trying to get money to pay for it, or figuring if he catches a federal case he will get better medical treatment in a federal facility than anywhere else...
      "I would rather live one day as a Lion, than a thousand years as a Sheep."

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by kckpd756 View Post
        Old timer probably is probably afraid he's gonna get dropped from Medicare if the new health bill passes. I imagine he's either just trying to get money to pay for it, or figuring if he catches a federal case he will get better medical treatment in a federal facility than anywhere else...
        x2

        Comment


        • #5
          He's probably surprised that it worked --- they actually handed over the money.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by NTxSarge View Post
            He's probably surprised that it worked --- they actually handed over the money.
            Somebody's got to pay for that oxygen tank....
            "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kckpd756 View Post
              if he catches a federal case he will get better medical treatment in a federal facility than anywhere else...
              I bet he actually will.

              Comment


              • #8
                He might get better housing and food, too.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why didn't someone just reach over and crimp his hose?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by JasperST View Post
                    Why didn't someone just reach over and crimp his hose?
                    Haha! LOL
                    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Elderly bank robbery suspect in San Diego says mortgage drove him to crime

                      Another bank robbery by an elderly man

                      September 19, 2009 | 10:31 am

                      A 69-year-old man with severe medical problems has apologized for robbing a San Diego bank and says he needed money to pay his mortgage to prevent him and his 73-year-old wife from becoming homeless.

                      In a jailhouse interview with NBC 7/39, Michael Casey Wilson said he needed $50,000 to pay off a 17% mortgage when he walked into the Bank of America branch in the City Heights neighborhood on Monday.

                      Wilson told a teller he would detonate a bomb in a briefcase unless she handed over money, authorities said. He walked out with more than $100,000 but was arrested a few blocks away on the porch of a house, apparently exhausted.

                      "I've never done a bad thing in my life," Wilson told a television reporter. "But you get desperate; I guess you throw all that ... out the window."

                      Wilson, 5 feet 8 and 250 pounds, walks with a cane. His attorney said in a brief appearance in court that Wilson suffers from "major" ailments. Wilson listed those for the TV station as severe arthritis, sleep apnea, heart problems and an emotional issue.

                      Wilson pleaded not guilty to three charges Thursday in San Diego County Superior Court. He remains in jail on $50,000 bail. No explosive was found in the briefcase.

                      Wilson said his scheme was to kidnap the bank manager, take a cab to the San Diego airport, drop the manager there and then take a cab to his home. He said he had considered what would happen if he got caught.

                      "It was 50-50," he told NBC 7/39. "Well, if I get caught, I get caught. I'm dying anyway, so what difference does it make?"

                      -- Tony Perry in San Diego
                      Last edited by DAL; 09-19-2009, 01:42 PM.
                      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        About 10 years ago an elderly man robbed a bank in Iowa City, IA. Then he calmly went outside and sat at the bus stop kiosk across the street. Needless to say he was arrested within 5 minutes.

                        He went to court and plead guilty and is in the Iowa prison system.................he freely admits that with no family, and lots of health problems,and being an ex-con he knew he would get good free health care in prison. He is ok with that.
                        My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                          About 10 years ago an elderly man robbed a bank in Iowa City, IA. Then he calmly went outside and sat at the bus stop kiosk across the street. Needless to say he was arrested within 5 minutes.

                          He went to court and plead guilty and is in the Iowa prison system.................he freely admits that with no family, and lots of health problems,and being an ex-con he knew he would get good free health care in prison. He is ok with that.
                          Yet another way to abuse the people.
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Prison should be a punishment and should be somewhere everyone hates to go....what happened to that?









                            Futurelaw89

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Futurelaw89 View Post
                              Prison should be a punishment and should be somewhere everyone hates to go....what happened to that?









                              Futurelaw89
                              I agree 100%. Problem is, between the welfare system and the prison systems, why bother working?

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 4153 users online. 234 members and 3919 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X