300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputy Pleads Guilty To Jail Food Tampering

A former Ohio deputy accused of feeding an inmate a bologna sandwich that been rubbed against another inmate's genitals has pleaded guilty to two health code violations.

In a Columbus courtroom on Wednesday, 38-year-old Joseph Cantwell also apologized for the shame and embarrassment that he said he had caused.

A judge fined him $500 plus court costs, and Cantwell also received a 90-day suspended jail sentence and five years' probation.

Cantwell's attorney called the February incident at the Franklin County Jail a "prank." It led Sheriff Jim Karnes to fire Cantwell and his partner in May. The other deputy was not charged with a crime.

The inmates who were involved have filed lawsuits against the county.
    What on earth was this deputy thinking?!

"Prank" my arse!
    He was "getting even" with an inmate that pizzed him off for some reason.Or showing someone he had bigger "nads" that the inmates.

He should be keel-hauled.

Crap like that puts all jail staff at risk from the idiots we have to deal with on a daily basis.

We are all taught from day one-----
    RULE #1 for Correctional Staff don't mess with the prisoners food----ever.

Food and visits/contact with family are the two things you try to never mess with even during emergencies.
    Last edited by Iowa #1603; 09-11-2009, 05:19 PM.
    Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

That's just nasty....
      "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

He shouldnt have done it, and he deserved what he got..........................

But with that said there is one thing I have to say....

He did something we ALL have thought about at some point or another.

We were just smart enough not to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by M.C.S.D View Post
          He shouldnt have done it, and he deserved what he got..........................

But with that said there is one thing I have to say....

He did something we ALL have thought about at some point or another.

We were just smart enough not to do it.
          Don't get me wrong...................

That is pretty tame to some of the things I have THOUGHT about.
          Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
            Don't get me wrong...................

That is pretty tame to some of the things I have THOUGHT about.
            Oh same here. I had some pretty bad things in mind after a female officer I was working with got gassed. Or the guy who was on suicide watch who refused to give up his socks to me, then proceeded to put them in the toilet filled with you know what that had been saved for a week and tried to hit me with them.

Many things have come across my mind........................ but I was always smart enough to know not to do something like that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6059 users online. 309 members and 5750 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X