300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly the flag half-mast on 9/11?

Obama's Patriot Day proclamation was the first to not include an order to fly the flag at half-mast. Our governor didn't issue an Executive Order on the topic. Just curious as to your opinion, as the graveyard officer, the government building flags in town are my responsibility. What say you O.com?
    Yes - Fly it half mast
    95.83%
    No - All the way to top
    4.17%
    sigpic
    Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

**** ON EDIT ****

Disregard my previous questions (deleted them).

I have only one question...did you even read President Obama's proclamation?
    Last edited by SkepticAlways; 09-10-2009, 09:33 PM.
    ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

I can't say I've ever actually reviewed the Patriot Day law. Just was curious as to what others thought. Governor Perry doesn't issue EOs when Texas LEOs are killed in the LOD, but you'll still find our flags at half mast.
      sigpic
      Let your watchword be duty, and know no other talisman of success than labor. Let honor be your guiding star in your dealing with your superiors, with your fellows, with all. Be as true to a trust reposed as the needle to the pole. Stand by the right even to the sacrifice of life itself, and learn that death is preferable to dishonor. ~ Gov. Richard Coke, October 4, 1876

Comment

Originally posted by TexasAggieOfc View Post
        I can't say I've ever actually reviewed the Patriot Day law. Just was curious as to what others thought. Governor Perry doesn't issue EOs when Texas LEOs are killed in the LOD, but you'll still find our flags at half mast.
        I'm asking about President Obama's 2009 proclamation, did you read it? It's available on line...right now...this very moment. ---> http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...e-and-Service/

I'm very curious as to where you got your disinformation about his proclamation being "the first to not include an order to fly the flag at half-mast."
        ...hunter of the shadows is rising...

Comment

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim September 11, 2009, as Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance. I call upon all departments, agencies, and instrumentalities of the United States to display the flag of the United States at half-staff on Patriot Day and National Day of Service and Remembrance in honor of the individuals who lost their lives as a result of the terrorist attacks against the United States that occurred on September 11, 2001

Futurelaw89

Comment

Had bad information from local media... I apologize
            sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3821 users online. 209 members and 3612 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X