300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer, Beer, beer...

In the grand and respected tradition of all the other silly surveys people have been posting on O.com, I offer up the following food^H^H^H^Hdrink for thought and discussion:

1. What are your three favourite beers? (optional: and why?) "Strong, cold, and free" don't count!

2. Why do you drink: because you like the taste, because you want to get drunk, because it helps you relax, because you're a raving alcoholic, or something else?

3. What temperature do you drink your beer: Below freezing, freezing, just above freezing, cool, room temperature, warm, or hot?

Just curious.

For me, my favorites are Wexford Irish Creme Ale, Young's Double Chocolate Stout (yes, kiddies, it's chocolate beer), and Abbott Ale. Yes, they're all pretty damn filling... but I'm a lightweight anyway, can and usually do nurse one glass for a whole evening. I drink only because I like the taste...

And I drink everything except Abbott Ale at "room temperature". Abbott Ale tends to, erm, explode vigorously out of the can at room temp, so I'm forced to chill it for half an hour before drinking.
    Sarcasm: Just another valuable service I provide.

quote:
    1. What are your three favourite beers? (optional: and why?) "Strong, cold, and free" don't count!

Damn...just three?

In no particular order

1. Killian's (or a good substitute is Hops' Hammerhead Red). Good strong beer taste. When I drink I know I'm not drinking water. I like just a hint of bitter aftertaste and that fits the bill perfectly.

2. Sam Adams. Because it's the closest thing to a German beer I've come across here in the States.

3. Guiness. Every so often I'll get one. Takes me back to Germany where I had my first two pints of Guiness. Place called the "Beer Museum". They had around 50 brands from all over the world on tap. That's my kinda place!

What do I drink regularly? In my photo on the "Images" thread, you'll see I have a Bud (WHOOOOOO...JUNIOR....GO NUMBER 8!!!!), but I usually drink Miller Lite. Yes, because it's less filling. I can't go so far as saying tastes great considering my other brands, but I don't fill like I swallowed 5 pounds of bread dough when I drink a couple with dinner.

quote:
    2. Why do you drink: because you like the taste, because you want to get drunk, because it helps you relax, because you're a raving alcoholic, or something else?

Who was it, Tom T. Hall that sang "I like beer...it makes me a jolly good fellow. I like beer...it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow".

I really just like the taste. A 6 pack will last over a week, so it's not like I inhale it. When I cook on my grill (charcoal), I gotta have the beer. When I'm with my dad on the smoker (wood and charcoal), I gotta have a beer.

quote:
    3. What temperature do you drink your beer: Below freezing, freezing, just above freezing, cool, room temperature, warm, or hot?

Cold. If 7-11 had a beer Slurpee, I'd be all up in dat mutha.

Comment

Oh dear Gods, a beer slurpee? That's, that's... a good idea. [Wink]

In the summer, I'm *very* partial to beer floats, especially with chocolate beer. Get a big beer mug, put in a few scoops of vanilla ice cream (Breyer's for choice), and pour chocolate beer over it. Like a root beer float, only with, um, beer. Cool, refreshing, fattening, and alcoholic - must get Homer Simpson's "woo-hoo" of approval. Works well with Guinness, too - you need a dark, strong beer, though; Bud Lite (ICK!) or similar substances are unacceptable.

Chocolate beer is, well... wonderful. There's another one, besides Young's, but I don't recall the name. Try one, you may like it.

[ 05-01-2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: MikeinMN ]
      Sarcasm: Just another valuable service I provide.

Comment

Sorry if you guys dont know what im talking about.. but after living the last years in the UK, All I can say is..

STELLA

Comment

Oh, then there's beer bread.

One can of beer. I've found that Busch Light, believe it or not, is the best. Any of the A.B. products are good. I wasn't impressed with Miller Products.

About 4 cups of self rising flour. It may take more, or it may take less. To guage the batter, it should be somewhat thicker than pancake batter. It should flow well, but not be runny.

Couple teaspoons of sugar.

Mix everything up real good like and pour it in a greased bread pan. Bake on 350 for about 45 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.

Take it out and spread butter over the top before taking it out of the pan. Slice and enjoy!

This isn't sandwich bread because it's too thick. But it's great with chili, stews and pot roasts.

I haven't been brave (or drunk) enough to try beer bread bread pudding.

Comment

Stella Artois! I ran into her a few times on the Haupstrasse!

Comment

quote:
              1. What are your three favourite beers?
              No favorites.. I rarely drink alcohol.

quote:
              2. Why do you drink:
              On a hot day it was the only cold drink in the fridge.

quote:
              3. What temperature do you drink your beer:
              As cold as possible.
              " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

My favorite beers in order:

1) Anything one that is free

2) Coors

3) Shiner Bock

4) Bud
                RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

Coors Light, Rolling Rock, Shiner Bock

Near freezing

Comment

Most people don't believe me when I tell them this, but I've never had a beer (or any alcohol) in my life.

Comment

1. Cider Jack (Raspberry), Bass Ale ... I think that's all I drink?

2. Cold!

3. When I can afford it, it's nice to wake up passed out on the couch.

Comment

Bud Light, Bud, Coors Light, Heineken, Corona. Rarely drink beers. My drink of choice is Grey Goose on the rocks w/ a twist of lime.

Comment

For the odd times I drink beer (its good for the breasts!) its Coors Lite..... Canadian Coors Lite!

Comment

1. Oh, being a college boy, I enjoy whatever I can get.

2. Chilled, again, being in college doesn't afford me much discretion.

3. Do you even need to ask? I'm in college! A connosiour I am not.

[ 05-02-2003, 02:59 AM: Message edited by: n567 ]
                            Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass.
                            -Mark Twain

Comment

Only Beer worth drinking is VB VB VB VB and VB
                              Victoria Bitter ice cold, none of this room temp crap and all you that think Fosters is a top Aussie beer think again why do you think we export it cause no one here drinks it christ if anyone drinks beer at room temp they need to be seriously flogged even the poms are going away from that...dunno bout the Kiwis though strange brew that one of theirs Steinlager [Wink]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3896 users online. 247 members and 3649 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X