Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good reason NOT to pat down this way.

VIDEO link.

Fortunate outcome for the officer, but there are far safer ways to pat someone down. I hope no one is still using the hands-on-the-car method.
    LVMPD:THE BEST

Wow.....definitely not a good tactic. Didn't break the power base or anything.

Comment

Personally,no matter the tactics,I would have let him run,can you spell
      ALPO
      Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by duke3478 View Post
        I hope no one is still using the hands-on-the-car method.
        That's pretty much the way we always do it..Either that, put them on the wall, or sometimes kneel them down if you're not in the street and are outnumbered. Don't really get many that "come off the car" like that one. Have had it happen to me, though, and put them right into the ground. Our offenders usually just bail and run from the car.

I cringe when I see 6 offenders on a car stop all leaning all around the car while one copper is going through the car and the other is inside the squad doing name checks..

Comment

Nice takedown by the big man. I'm sure if he had to do it again, he would let the dog take care of him. I would have rather seen the dog dine on that turd, but I'm sure the Deputy's instinct kicked in when dude tried to run.

Comment

A lot of departments ahve rules against turning a dog loose on a fleeing suspect. Especially one that you have no idea why he is running.

Hands on the car or the wall is a bad tactic.
            This is the technique I was taught in Baltimore; works like a champ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNvqSFf2Fiw

Comment

Yea, bad tactics all around. But, very nice take down, hoever, could have possibly been avoided.
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

The dog really wanted that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Till View Post
                  The dog really wanted that guy.
                  LMAO! I thought he was going to bite his legs! I was waiting for it! LOL
                  "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Did any one notice the fat chick on the steps watching this like she had ring side seats to the nights main event.
                    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by ExghettoPopo View Post
                      A lot of departments ahve rules against turning a dog loose on a fleeing suspect. Especially one that you have no idea why he is running.

Hands on the car or the wall is a bad tactic.
                      This is the technique I was taught in Baltimore; works like a champ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNvqSFf2Fiw

I use this technique quite a bit. And of course, the farther his legs are spread, the more off balance he is. Tell 'em to keep spreading until they are at your height if they are taller.

Comment

Knowing nothing of such things, I just tried this on my wife, she was not able to break the finger hold, had her try it on me, I could pull loose with no effort at all. So I surmise it all depends upon size and strength of those involved.

Comment

Well I would not have tackled the guy and instead let the dog have some fun. Once that 5-05 300 lb cop was on top there was no way that skinney suspect was going to get up. Since we are talking about tactics did you notice that both cops turned their back on the other suspect still in the car. Good thing he did not come out with a gun.
                          Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

I watched the pat down video. At about 1:55 when he goes to pat down on the lower part of the suspect's leg he breaks his own base down and the suspect actually turns towards the officer. The Officer is hoping that the finger hold is working because if it is not that suspects is already on top of him.

I do a similar type of pat down with some differences. What it really comes down to is feeling how the suspect is moving or tensing up to move and reacting before the suspect does.
                            Budda sat in front of a wall and when he stood up he was enlightened. I sat in front of a wall and when I stood up the wall was enlightened.

We forge our skills in the fire of our will.

Comment

I'd bet cash money that big guy wrestled in high school or college.
                              **Not a LEO**

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4333 users online. 239 members and 4094 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X