X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highwaylaw
    replied
    Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
    That 5 days would be plenty of time for my PBA attorney to launch a wicked attack.
    It is without a doubt being contested by the PBA.

Leave a comment:

• JLee
    replied
    My prior agency had its budget cut by the town. They (town) axed the K9 program and my position. Unfortunately, that's how it is.

Leave a comment:

• stormz5192
    replied
    Originally posted by Highwaylaw View Post
    No kidding. Our Commisioner is APPOINTED by the County Executive, and thus does his bidding if he wants to keep his job. So far he has abolished our Highway Patrol command, our Motorcycle squad, changed our Community Oriented Patrol sections hours so he can use them to backfill patrol cars 24/7,
    and tried to give our Warrant Squad away. ALL of this had been at the CE's 'suggestion'. Needless to say, morale is not at an alltime high.

Oh, and a patrolman is being docked 5 days pay for speaking out against the Commish while off-duty at a public hearing.....

That 5 days would be plenty of time for my PBA attorney to launch a wicked attack.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    It's all about politics and money. Sad but true.

Leave a comment:

• westside popo
    replied
    Originally posted by Highwaylaw View Post
    No kidding. Our Commisioner is APPOINTED by the County Executive, and thus does his bidding if he wants to keep his job. So far he has abolished our Highway Patrol command, our Motorcycle squad, changed our Community Oriented Patrol sections hours so he can use them to backfill patrol cars 24/7,
    and tried to give our Warrant Squad away. ALL of this had been at the CE's 'suggestion'. Needless to say, morale is not at an alltime high.

Oh, and a patrolman is being docked 5 days pay for speaking out against the Commish while off-duty at a public hearing.....
    Sounds like the blue flu is in season.

Leave a comment:

• Highwaylaw
    replied
    Originally posted by Labrock View Post
    No, but we do sometimes get that mentality too much.

But, there has to be a limit as to what politicians can do inside a police department.

Leave a comment:

• Labrock
    replied
    Originally posted by Ten Six View Post
    Hmmm... Think about what you just said. City officials should have nothing to do with with their city's police force???
    No, but we do sometimes get that mentality too much.

But, there has to be a limit as to what politicians can do inside a police department.

Leave a comment:

• Ten Six
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
    That's why city officials should stay out of the business of the local pd. I didn't think a mayor had that much power to dismantle any unit in the PD. Crazy story though.
    Hmmm... Think about what you just said. City officials should have nothing to do with with their city's police force???
    Last edited by ; 09-08-2009, 06:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• az4code23
    replied
    That's why city officials should stay out of the business of the local pd. I didn't think a mayor had that much power to dismantle any unit in the PD. Crazy story though.

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    Some cities in Los Angeles County abolished their K-9 programs because of cost and liability concerns. One of them had the nerve to ask us to send ours to calls in their city, but refused to indemnify us for liability.

Leave a comment:

• Labrock
    started a topic Mayor Pulls K-9 Unit

Mayor Pulls K-9 Unit

Crazy story from Atlantic City, NJ

http://www.njlawman.com/Editorials/0...olicedogs2.htm

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 1971 users online. 140 members and 1831 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X