300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting for Medical

I have my medical scheduled for 830 tomorrow morning and I am wondering t what time should I start fasting tonight.... I have a drug screening also right after the medical. I am wanting to make sure I give them whatever they need without the food in my system.

Thanks!
    10/05/2009 NOW EMPLOYED!!
    Academy - November 2nd

Normally they want you to fast for a blood sugar, but they should tell you ahead of time. Water only 12 hours prior to the blood pull.

Comment

Don't know about your specific situation, but when a fasting is called for usually, it is nothing after midnight for most blood draws. It is not just glucose that requires a fasting. It is also cholesterol.
      http://hoppeshomestead.blogspot.com/

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government. – Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Hoppes View Post
        Don't know about your specific situation, but when a fasting is called for usually, it is nothing after midnight for most blood draws. It is not just glucose that requires a fasting. It is also cholesterol.
        What she said...forgot about that one......

Comment

I was always told from the physician not to eat anything after midnight, unless your physician has instructed you otherwise.
          "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3021 users online. 133 members and 2888 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X