Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brn2reign
    replied
    Met Shawn Merrimen and seems like a decent fella. Im not surprised that he tried to prevent her from driving drunk.

Leave a comment:

• Sense0Purpose1
    replied
    Delonte West Arrested on Gun Charge
    Posted Sep 18, 2009 4:25PM By Matt Moore (RSS feed)

Delonte West has a whole new set of reasons you should get him his donuts.

The Washington Post reports that West was arrested Thursday night after being stopped on his three-wheeled motorcycle. He cut off a police officer and after being stopped, informed the arresting officer he had a gun in his waistband. After backup arrived, police actually found three weapons on his person. A second weapon was strapped to his leg, and another was in a guitar case strapped to his back.

Yes, just like in "Desperado."

All jokes aside, West was arrested on speeding and possession of a handgun charges. He was released on Friday of his own recognizance. No information was given as to the circumstances of why a starting two-guard of an NBA team who has been diagnosed with a mood disorder was driving a three wheeled motorcycle while carrying three guns.

It's too early to make assumptions for West's causation or circumstances, but the excessive nature of the charges (three weapons at once, including one in a guitar case? Really?) combined with the fact he sought clinical help for depression less than a year ago presents a scary set of circumstances surrounding his intent prior to his arrest.

We'll have to wait to see if any further consequences come from the arrest, be it legally, league-related, or team-enacted

Leave a comment:

• DAL
    replied
    D.A. says no charges against football player in incident with Tila Tequila
    September 11, 2009 | 3:59 pm (LATimes.com)

No charges will be filed against San Diego Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman for an incident last weekend involving model-singer-reality-TV-star Tila Nguyen, Dist. Atty. Bonnie Dumanis announced this afternoon.

In a statement, Dumanis said, "Our office has determined there is insufficient evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that any crime was committed. This case is now closed. No further comment will be made.”

Nguyen, also known as Tila Tequila, had signed a citizen's arrest form alleging that she was choked and restrained by Merriman at his home in Poway early Sunday. Merriman, 25, was arrested and booked by sheriff's deputies.

Nguyen, 27, was taken by ambulance to a local hospital. Sheriff's deputies said that Nguyen appeared to have been drinking heavily and that no marks or bruises were apparent.

Merriman, in a statement, had said he was trying to restrain Nguyen from leaving his home while drunk. Deputies interviewed other people who were at the home. The group had been partying at a nightclub in downtown San Diego that is popular with athletes.

Merriman is set to play in Monday night's game against the Oakland Raiders. Nguyen has returned to her home in Los Angeles. Initially she put a message on her Twitter account indicating that she does not drink. Later she withdrew that tweet.

Leave a comment:

• willowdared
    replied
    Originally posted by Looker View Post
    Willow... did you guys have to do the same thing? I guess it wasn't just sworn staff doing it.
    We don't have access to the reports, but we do get reminded that we can't look up booking photos.

I've been waiting for more to make the news before I posted anything...the DA is dropping it due to "insufficient" evidence.

Ms Twitter Tequila reminds me of a tranny I knew back in the day....always with the drama.

Leave a comment:

• lpstopper
    replied
    And this week on "when three ways go bad".

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    Maybe because as the cop on scene he didn't think it was a good case.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Leader
    replied
    First off, I wouldn't believe anything that is printed in the Union-Fibune. They have proven time and time again that they will sensationalize rather than make any attempt to learn the facts.

I can't speak for SDSO but evrything I've read says he was booked for a felony so I'd *guess* that she had to have some type of marks on her. Although if you're going to book for a felony charge, I don't know why they bothered having her sign a citzens arrest form? Also, barring the DA changing their issuing policies for Merriman, it will be dropped to a misd since there was no injury requiring an overnight stay in the hospital.

One way or another, I expect that this case will disappear.

Leave a comment:

• AZLawDawg
    replied
    I think if Merriman actually choked her and threw her to the ground, as small as she is, they'd be printing her obituary right about now.

Leave a comment:

• Looker
    replied
    Here we go!!!...

Sources: Jealousy Led To Merriman, Tequila Altercation

POSTED: 5:35 pm PDT September 9, 2009
    UPDATED: 8:20 pm PDT September 9, 2009

SAN DIEGO -- Multiple sources provided 10News' Juliette Vara with new details about what led to the incident last Sunday involving San Diego Chargers star Shawne Merriman and reality TV star Tila Tequila at the linebacker's Poway home.

Sources close to the story told Vara that Tequila -- also known as Tila Nguyen -- was unhappy that she was not the only woman getting attention from Merriman, and jealousy played a role in the early morning altercation.

The sources told Vara that witnesses at Merriman's home said the three-time Pro Bowl linebacker went to his bedroom with two women.

Sources said Tequila walked into the room and Merriman asked her to join them. However, the sources said Tequila reacted angrily and threatened to have sex with a member of Merriman's entourage.

According to sources, Tequila was intoxicated, and she got naked and attempted to leave the house.

Sources told Vara that Merriman, 25, tried to stop the 27-year-old Tequila, and that is when she called 911.

Tequila accused Merriman of choking and throwing her to the ground while she was trying to leave the house. Tequila signed a citizen's arrest warrant accusing Merriman of battery and false imprisonment. Both are felonies.

After practice on Wednesday, Vara talked to Merriman, but he did not discuss specifics about the case.

Vara asked Merriman to clarify his relationship with Tequila, and he immediately contacted his attorney.

"I don't know if … let me text my lawyer real quick," he said.

Merriman later acknowledged that he and the MTV star were friends and had only known each other for a short time.

"If anyone feels this is a distraction for me, I apologize," Merriman said. "I know my No. 1 priority is guys in the locker room."

Sources also told Vara that Tequila faked a neck injury, and when paramedics arrived they determined that she was OK. However, Tequila insisted on going to the hospital.

On Wednesday, the San Diego County Sheriff's Department handed over its findings in the case to the District Attorney's office.

The District Attorney's office will review the sheriff's department documents to decide if charges will be filed against Merriman.

The attorney representing Tequila disputed Merriman's claim that she was drunk when the linebacker allegedly choked her and held her against her will in his Poway home.

Attorney Alan S. Gutman issued a statement Tuesday, saying Merriam's comments since the incident early Sunday morning are nothing more than "calculated spin to cover up his illegal and indefensible actions."

Merriman and his attorney, Todd Macaluso, have said they expect him to be vindicated. Merriman issued a statement Sunday denying wrongdoing and saying he was trying to keep Tequila from leaving his home because she appeared to be intoxicated.

"I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported," Merriman's statement read.

On Tuesday night, Tequila's attorney called Merriman's explanation "spin" and predicted it would be discredited.

"It is never justifiable to brutally assault, choke, strike and imprison a woman," Gutman wrote. "Once the truth is fully revealed, Mr. Merriman's fantastic story of how he was trying to keep Ms. Tequila safe will be completely discredited."

Gutman didn't return calls seeking comment Wednesday. Merriman and Macaluso said they had no further comment.

When Merriman bailed out of jail on Sunday, a court appearance was scheduled for next Tuesday. If no charges are filed, that appearance will be removed from the court calendar, Levikow said. If the DA's office hasn't decided by then, the appearance will be rescheduled.

Leave a comment:

• Seahawks398
    replied
    Yeah, chicken nuggets are what I usually order.

Leave a comment:

• Looker
    replied
    We all got lectured today on the importance of minding our own business and abiding by department policy when it comes to reading someone's legal issues because of this case. It's not illegal to read the case or anything, like it would be to access SUN and look him up, but it is generally against policy to read about his case if you are not assigned to it. Apparently some of the detectives assigned to the case couldn't work it because too many people tried to read the report, and the software couldn't handle it. That, or someone closed it out the wrong way, which locked the case as well. Either way, it was a software issue, and since this dept. is a knee-jerk reaction type of dept.... we all had to listen and sign a training roster....

Soo annoying.

BTW... I didn't read it. Word of mouth travels just as fast as electronic communication around here.

And... (for any supervisors monitoring this forum) it IS against P&P.

Willow... did you guys have to do the same thing? I guess it wasn't just sworn staff doing it.

Leave a comment:

• Southflaguy
    replied
    Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
    Dang and I picked the SD defense for my fantasy football league mainly because he was back.
    LOL...Look on the bright side, SD is playing Oakland on Monday, so they should do well...

Leave a comment:

• mdrdep
    replied
    Dang and I picked the SD defense for my fantasy football league mainly because he was back.

Leave a comment:

• SgtScott31
    replied
    Most cases I would blame the athlete, but when dealing with the Tequila chick, I'm thinking different story. Merriman's attorney said he was simply trying to keep her from driving drunk and there are plenty of witnesses to back up the story that she was not assaulted. She's 100% floozy (to put it nicely).

Leave a comment:

• MagnumPI
    replied
    Originally posted by Fed0080 View Post
    I'm going with Merriman on this one... she's an idiot and will do anything to get her name on the news.
    I'll second that. Another money hungry, publicity grabbing, self-promoting gold digger trying to cash in on a rich sports figure.

The SD Union Tribune reported that she was intoxicated, and didn't have any marks on her when she was taken to the hospital. That won't stop her from suing Merriman for millions...just watch.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2896 users online. 136 members and 2760 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X