• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Actors that are cops?

I found this on the internet....

so far most are checking out.
    Jay Leno is a Special Police officer.

Steven Segal is also a Special Police officer.

Buddy Hackett was a police officer.

Gene Roddenbery, creator of Star Trek, worked for a time as an LAPD officer under Parker. Known for

his emotionless, relentlessly analytical style of management, Parker was said to have served as the

model for Mr. Spock.

Bobby Sherman is a LAPD reserve officer.

Elvis was a Captain of the Denver CO.PD along with countless appointment.

Eddie Haskel of "Leave it to Beaver" was a LAPD officer, he was even shot on duty, was it the Beav getting even?.

Chin Ho Kelly of Hawaii 5-0 was a real Hawaii police officer.

Al Capone brother James Capone was a Prohibition law enforcement officer and City Marshal.

TJ Hooker was a real LAPD officer

Nash Bridges was based on a real SFPD officer.

Dirty Harry was based on a real officer(Dave Toschi)and the story was based on a real bay area killer

Steve Mcqueen officer in the movie "Bullitt" was based also on inspector Dave Toschi.

Shaq is now a police reserve in Florida

Kent Mccord from Adam 12 is a Los Angeles Unified School District Officer in LA

Actor James Woods is a LAPD reserve.

La Toya Jackson is a police officer?

Dan Aykroyd is a Police Reserve Commander in the state of LA

This thread was created because of the Seagal thread

Comment

I think Erik Estrada is also a Reserve in Ohio....
      I could be wrong.

Comment

I think Shaq got his status revoked.

When you say TJ Hooker, are you saying William Shatner or are you saying Shatner portrayed a cop who's name was TJ Hooker.

Speaking of that show, I'd love to have Officer Stacy Sheridan on my squad. For those that don't know, she was Heather Locklear.

Comment

Wasn't Dennis Farina a Chicago cop?
          Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Steve Wilkos is a former Chicago police officer.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by BlacknWhite View Post
              I think Erik Estrada is also a Reserve in Ohio....
              I could be wrong.
              Muncie, Indiana PD. He and Latoya Jackson were a part of the "Armed and Famous" reality show. Estrada stayed with the PD, after the show was over.

Bobby Sherman is also a paramedic
              Last edited by Ten Six; 09-06-2009, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by btfp View Post
                I think Shaq got his status revoked.
                Just for Maricopa County. Sheriff Joe decided to take his two badges back after Shaq did a rap about Kobe Bryant.

He still has reserve status (I believe) in Florida.
                R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

Chuck Norris is a reserve deputy, and "Big John" McCarthy from the UFC is with LAPD.

Comment

Why does LAPD give all these stars PO status, when they've got good people that will actually be working the streets doing stuff, and arresting bad people, applying? Doesn't that stuff cost them big bucks?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                      Why does LAPD give all these stars PO status, when they've got good people that will actually be working the streets doing stuff, and arresting bad people, applying? Doesn't that stuff cost them big bucks?
                      I bet you wouldn't say that to Chuck's face

Seriously, it's probably mostly political. Elected sheriff's sometimes like to hobnob with celebrities. It could be a PR boost for an agency to have a celebrity as a reserve. I don't think it really costs much, I think reserves usually pay for their own equipment and training and don't get a salary.

But yeah, I can't really see some of these celebs actually doing a shift. I did read a story about Shaq arresting some guys when he was on duty with the L.A. Harbor police.
                      Before science, it was believed that autumn was caused by Chuck Norris simultaneously roundhouse kicking every tree on the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
                        LAPD hasn't "given" anyone police officer status.

Bobby Sherman is an EMT and reserve officer, he doesn't work the field.

John McCarthy was a full time officer and part time UFC official. He's now a retired officer.

Gene Roddenberry was an LAPD motor officer before he retired and became a TV producer.

Ken Osmond (Eddie Haskell) was a child actor before he joined the LAPD full time and was shot on two different occasions when he was a motor officer.

Jay Leno does a LOT of charity work and does Christmas parties for free for LAPD. He's kinda like an honorary member but is not sworn.

Kent McCord also does a lot of charity stuff for the department but is not sworn.

Comment

Isn't Lou Ferigno (Hulk) reserve LASO?

Reserve officer's in California have to meet the same POST requirements as sworn.
                          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Dennis Farina was a Detective on CPD and left after about 17 years (and worked in a now defunct unit that "Crime Story" was patterned after). Very personable and does various Police-related fundraisers in Chicago. Wilcosz worked in Spec. Operations Sect. (formerly Gang Crimes Sect.) and was on the job about 10 years. Saw him on the street, but never met him.

I also remember reading some years back that Van Williams (The Green Hornet) was an LASD Reserve. Even had a pic in the article of him in his uniform, working.

Whenever Michael Mann does a movie in Chicago, he uses a lot of P/O's for extras and bit parts.
                            No actor that I know of (or anyone else for that matter) has ever been given either a sworn or honorary position on CPD.
                            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 09-06-2009, 12:56 PM.

Comment

From what I have heard Ted Nuggent He has been a special deputy sheriff in Lake County, Michigan, since 1982 and he also has been a reserve deputy constable in McLennan County, Texas.

I found that on Wikipedia, but only I looked for it cause I saw on an MTV Cribs him showing off a truck with lights, sirens, and with nitrous Then he flipped out a wallet badge.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12377 users online. 521 members and 11856 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X