Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man slaps strangers crying kid at walmart

SOURCE: http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/man...ng-129235.html

A Gwinnett County man is in custody accused of slapping a stranger’s crying toddler in a Stone Mountain Wal-Mart on Monday.

The mother of the 2-year-old child told police that both were walking in the aisles of the Rockbridge Road store when Roger Stephens, 61, approached and said “if you don’t shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you,” according to a police report.

A few moments later, in another aisle, Stephens grabbed the 2-year-old and slapped her across the face four or five times, according to the report.

Stephens then told the mom, “See, I told you I would shut her up,” according to the report.

A bystander held Stephens until store security came to assist, according to a WSB-TV report.

When police arrived, Stephens said that he slapped the child and that he apologized to the mother, according to the report.

Stephens was charged with felony cruelty to children and is being held at the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond.

The 2-year-old victim sustained slight redness to the face, according to the report. There was no video footage in the area the incident took place, according to the report.
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

those are the types of people you just want to hit repeatedly.
    The above posted text is my opinion and thought and in no way represents the thought or opinion of my place of work.

"We are a brotherhood, we stand together, and not alone. You got my back, and I got yours."

RIP Brothers.

Comment

officer or not , If that was my kid i would have done more then held him for security....
      IGNORE LIST - Banastretarlton AKA "banana boy"

"In the fields of observation chance favors only prepared mind"
      -----Louis Pasteur

"Sweat in training saves blood on the battlefield."

-------Col. David "Hack" Hackworth

On my 7 year old 2nd Grade Class wall

------------YOU are RESPONSIBLE for YOUR OWN ACTIONS

Comment

I would have to say not even the dentist would be able to identify this POS.

Comment

dead man... period... touch my kid and I'm lighting you up... end of story.

Comment

Yup, I would have been the one in jail...PEOPLE!...

Maybe the deputies in jail would inform the inmates what he did!...
            sigpic

Comment

So, did the kid shutup?

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

I've thought about doing the same thing...

Comment

I would beat the crap out of that guy. 61 or not, your age doesn't mean you get to put your hands on my daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddogg123 View Post
                    I would beat the crap out of that guy. 61 or not, your age doesn't mean you get to put your hands on my daughter.
                    +1 Touch my kid and you are getting ****ed up. It may even be by him. He is almost eight and holds a red belt in Tang Soo Do. He also sees the humor and effectiveness of a good punch in the sack.
                    Last edited by safetyallday; 09-02-2009, 02:17 PM.
                    It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                      The mother of the 2-year-old child told police that both were walking in the aisles of the Rockbridge Road store when Roger Stephens, 61, approached and said “if you don’t shut that baby up, I will shut her up for you,” according to a police report.
                      That would be the tipping point for me, when I go into full family defense mode. If the parent had taken action at that point, either by responding with force, calling the cops, or just clearing the area, the assault of the child may have been prevented. Not shifting the blame to anyone other than the guy who should be clubbed about the head many times, just saying that at that point of verbal threat, I'd be going into gear.

Comment

Originally posted by safetyallday View Post
                        He also sees the humor and effectiveness of a good punch in the sack.
                        LOL, now I got tears in my eyes just imagining an 8 year old punching a grown man in the peaches.

I would have stopped it after the first time he threatened my kid.

Comment

I'd feel bad for my broken hands and elbows after I broke his face. Hit my kid = not a good decision.

Comment

In no way, shape, or form do I condone this guys actions, in fact I agree with most of you all, I'd probably have effed him up if I saw it happen.

However, I do have to say that I cannot stand people that do absolutely nothing when their kid is screaming, crying, running around or otherwise acting up. I can't tell you how many times I see this happen... kid is screaming their head off at a restaurant (or wherever) and the parents just sit there and ignore it like its not even happening. Not sure if its because they block it out so much that they are used to it, or if they are thinking "if I give into the screaming I'm reinforcing the bad habit". Either way I could give a crap... If you kid isn't behaving appropriately in public... take care of the situation. End of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Ex Army MP View Post
                              So, did the kid shutup?
                              Haha, cant make empty promises. Reminds me of "Shennanigans"
                              "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6352 users online. 354 members and 5998 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X