Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on getting tased?

Guys,

I am getting tased today for the first time. Luckily, I only have to take a 2 second stun with alligator clips. Does anyone have any good advice on this? I've heard to use the bathroom before. I've also heard sometimes you get burned good with the clips? Maybe I should wear thicker clothes?
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Chatham PD

Thicker clothes should actually only make things worse. Any burns (and I've only personally seen very small spots on the skin) come from the arc through the space between the clips and skin. I kinda doubt the instructor is gonna let you wear a flak jacket that prevents contact...

There's no real "trick" for Taser like there is for OC decon...it just hurts and there's no way around it. Going to the bathroom beforehand probably isn't a bad idea.
    "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
    -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

The closer the clips are together, the less affected you will be.
      Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Just sit back and enjoy the ride!
        Fear the darkness, for I am in it

Comment

Use the bathroom... then all thats left is to suck it up and ride the lightning. When the arc stops.... so does the pain.
          "If and eye for an eye leave the whole world blind, then why the **** are gun toting gangbangers still hitting things?!!"

WHAT I USE AND STRONGLY RECOMMEND:
          Equipment Type: Bianchi Accumold Elite/Safariland/De Santis/Stallion Leather
          Flashlights: Surefire Peacekeeper P1R (Belt)
          Handcuffs: S&W 100's
          Preferred Firearm: S&W MP 40

***My statements are my opinions ONLY and are not representative of my agency or its policies***

Comment

Take it like a man!!!!!!
            NRA Life Member

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence. - Sir Robert Peel

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. - H. L. Mencken

Comment

Just be 'calm cool and collective' - Think that nothing is stronger than you.

T-Toughness
              A-Agility
              S-Strength
              E-Efficiecy
              R-Reality
              "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                Just be 'calm cool and collective' - Think that nothing is stronger than you.

T-Toughness
                A-Agility
                S-Strength
                E-Efficiecy
                R-Reality
                Have you taken a ride on the Taser? I'm not ashamed to admit that I screamed like a little girl for five seconds. I can say without a doubt that the Taser erases any such thoughts from your mind with 50,000 volts of fun.
                "He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."
                -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Bing_Oh View Post
                  Have you taken a ride on the Taser? I'm not kashamed to admit that I screamed like a little girl for five seconds. I can say without a doubt that the Taser erases any such thoughts from your mind with 50,000 volts of fun.
                  Yes, I have been tased, voluntarily. And no, it wasn't a ride in the ball park.
                  "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

Been tased twice voluntarily...once for one second, the other time for the full five.....

Not a heck of a lot to do to prepare except to sit back and 'enjoy' it...
                    'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Advice?......... It hurts!

Comment

I feel for you. I took the full five seconds voluntarily and it sucked, a lot. Its the longest five, err well two for you, seconds of your life. Far and away the worst pain I have every felt. It remains to be seen if I am going to have to do it again when we get stingers later this year or next. Only "positive" thing is if I do the stinger is only a three second ride.

Why are they only doing two seconds?

Comment

2 seconds with clips.... Man up. You won't have time to realize how bad it is before it's over.

Comment

Relax your muscles as best you can. For us we placed a probe on the rt hip and rt boot. I kept my right leg off the ground and tried not to tighten my leg muscles during the ride.

To be honest, I take a taser out in the field because there's really no way around the effects. 5 secs felt like 10 and I couldn't think of anything but the debilitating pain. Just think of something to say after the rides over like, "That wasn't so bad.." as you proceed to fall over.

Comment

any one have there videos? i'll post mine if you post yours!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3111 users online. 177 members and 2934 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X