Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman uses lighter to check gasoline level, blows up car

SOURCE: http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...hter29.article

A Joliet woman suffered second-degree burns Tuesday night after she used a cigarette lighter to help her see how much gas was in a can she was been filling.

The incident happened at a 7-Eleven gas station at 1609 E. Cass about 10:30 p.m., police said.

The 27-year-old woman "was filling up a gas can, which was sitting on the passenger seat of the car. [She] then used a lighter to . . . observe how full the can was," police said.

The flame ignited the gas, and the can exploded, setting the car's interior aflame.

Apparently afraid that the fire would spread to the gas pump she had been using, the woman began to push the burning car.

The car was about five feet from the gas pumps and engulfed in flames when firefighters arrived.

The woman was treated at the scene for second-degree burns to her right wrist and right thigh before being taken to Silver Cross Hospital. Her injuries were serious but not life-threatening.
    "Abandon your animosities and make your sons Americans." - Robert E. Lee, 1865

Comment

We need to have an IQ test to use certain machines. That way if you have the IQ of an orange; you can't use the gas pump.

Comment

I find it disturbing how more and more the meaning of the term "common sense" does not apply to many individuals.
        Dispatch: "All units be advised, he's on foot in a red dodge pick up truck."
        Me: "Ummm, control..."

Comment

Crazy story but on the same token, don't they have an editor to proof read these stories before they are published on the internet?
          The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

You guys see an idiot.

I see job security

Comment

Originally posted by damode1985 View Post
              You guys see an idiot.

I see job security
              +1 brother!!

we never go out of business because of people like this....
              "If and eye for an eye leave the whole world blind, then why the **** are gun toting gangbangers still hitting things?!!"

WHAT I USE AND STRONGLY RECOMMEND:
              Equipment Type: Bianchi Accumold Elite/Safariland/De Santis/Stallion Leather
              Flashlights: Surefire Peacekeeper P1R (Belt)
              Handcuffs: S&W 100's
              Preferred Firearm: S&W MP 40

***My statements are my opinions ONLY and are not representative of my agency or its policies***

Comment

Darwin awards anyone??
                John Q. Citizen

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                  SOURCE:

A Joliet woman...

Enough said...

Comment

Originally posted by az4code23 View Post
                    SOURCE: http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...hter29.article

A Joliet woman suffered second-degree burns Tuesday night after she used a cigarette lighter to help her see how much gas was in a can she was been filling.
                    That is about what I'd expect from a person from an area of town where the media can't write properly.

Comment

LMAO are you serious! ohhh emm gee common sense is gone in this world.
                      "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

Comment

D
                        U
                        M
                        M
                        dumm!! lol

Comment

My first thought was Darwin Awards too......
                          'Evil always wins when Good does nothing'-Anonymous

Comment

Does this story remind you of someone else??????

It's better to be hated for what you are, then to be loved for what you are not.

Comment

We had a man here in the county, pumping his gas at a little mom and pop store. His "friend" comes up and flicks his lighter at him...you know...enough to make a spark. Victim goes up in flame. He scorched his back from shoulder to butt.

Lettme tell you...you come up to me and do that, we ain't friends. I don't like you anymore and when my skin grafts heal, it's your ***.
                              sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4686 users online. 273 members and 4413 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X