300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get into the Federal Agencys

Would anyone be able to make a suggestion on how to get into a federal agency such as the DEA or FBI ect... Im a high school Sophmore going to be a junior and was wondering what would be good courses to take and maybe some oppertunitys in the future. Also if anyone knows any programs (besides explorers) that would be of help to me. Thanks
    Exploring, The Bright Future of Law Enforcement!

A minimum requirement would be to get a college degree. Go with something other than criminal justice thouigh.
    "Integrity is like virginity. Once it's lost, you can't get it back." --drunkhunter

Comment

The FBI absolutely loves candidates with a psychology or sociology degree. Something that gets involved with the way the mind works. Good for profile candidates. Like drunkhunter said, college is the way to go. Good luck!
      If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

Dido on the college. Most federal law enforcement agencies require a four year degree. Check out www.usajobs.opm.gov for complete listings of requirements for open positions.

Comment

Yea, You'll need a 4 year degree... but if you decide to go for the masters, all the power to ya! I have a 2yr degree in Computer Networking, and a 4yr in Criminal Justice. I suggest you go for Physcology, FBI will eat you up!
          "24 beers in a case...24 hrs in a day..... Coincidence???"

Comment

Psychology would perhaps be the best course for the FBI, but they are also heavy into accounting or law (not CJ). (Or so I've heard)

I think the FBI also offers internship programs to college students . . .Check it out. Now is the best time to start getting ready. Good luck.
            "Public service is not just a job.
            It is an act of citizenship."
            ---G.W. Bush

Comment

Thanks to every one for there advice....ill keep you posted on anything i find
              Exploring, The Bright Future of Law Enforcement!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5013 users online. 306 members and 4707 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X