300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As if I wasn't depressed enough...

You guys don't have to read this if you don't want to, but I just need to get it out of my system.

I'm a senior in high school, and I just found out that on Friday night, the freshman brother of a good friend "supposedly" committed suicide. I say "supposedly" because not all the clues are pointing in that direction. I won't go into detail about what happened, but I had just met the kid no more than a week or so before this happened, and I was thinking over the weekend what a great guy he was. It just goes to show that things can happen so fast.

Our graduation is on June 12 (also my 18th B-Day), but it doesn't look like there's going to be much of a celebration this year.

Thanks for letting me get this out.
    If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

I'm sorry about your loss. I'd say something about teen suicide but since there are other factors involved in this that may possibly rule the suicide out. Let us know what happens.
    Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Sorry to hear about that Cadet. Definitely keep us posted on the outcome. Btw, Congrats on graduating. I know it's hard to celebrate graduations and stuff after tragic things like this happen but it's still a great accomplishment.
      Law abiding citizens sleep peacefully in their beds solely because dedicated men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Sorry to hear this K. It is always sad when a young person dies, but much more so, if it is by their own hand. If this is the first loss that you have experienced, it makes it that much harder.
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

This is technically the first close loss for me (aside from my cat 2 yrs ago). But everything just kinda collapsed at once. 3 weeks ago another kid killed himself, in March a kid got killed in a car crash and the driver is in one of my classes. My sophomore year, a girl killed herself. And of course, the 9/11 attachs. But like I said, this one was personal. I almost got to know him...

Comment

Sometimes life has a tendency to throw a lot of $h** at you at once. In times like these, it is easy to think that there are few options. Please remember that the easy way out is NEVER an option.

The death of a friend, relative, or even a pet is hard to handle alone. Don't be afraid to talk about it to other trusted friends. It seems that all of the regular posters on this board, though anonymous, fit into this category.

Don't allow yourself to become overwhelmed by a lot of crap coming at you at once. Take each event separately and deal with it, then move to the next. Don't be afraid to grieve, but don't let it overwhelm you.

Good luck with your future.
            "Public service is not just a job.
            It is an act of citizenship."
            ---G.W. Bush

Comment

I'm a little late coming to this thread, KCadet. How are you holding up? Your graduation is this week...

Kate

Comment

Things have gotten a little better here. His funeral was on Thursday. On Wednesday in govn't class (the class his brother is in)we all signed a card and talked about what exactly happened. I think at this point the county has ruled it just a suicide. His brother came to school on Tuesday to give back all his books, so he isn't coming back. I don't even think he's going to be marching with the rest of the graduating class.

On the up side, I am very excited about graduating on Wednesday. Then I have to go to a summer college course starting June 24. No summer break...

Comment

KCadet,

I'm glad you're slowly regrouping. I think it was good that your class discussed his death so you could put some closure to it and begin to move on. I'm sure you'll remember what a great guy he was and be a source of support for his brother as he copes with his grief.

And congratulations on your graduation! You've worked so hard--you deserve this time of celebration! I just know good things are in store for you.

Kate

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3117 users online. 165 members and 2952 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X