300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding in-car cameras...

My name is Chuck Vipperman. I'm News Director of WBTM/WAKG radio in Danville, VA. Our stations, along with the local newspaper, are beginning a fund-drive to purchase in-car cameras for the Pittsylvania County (VA) Sheriff's Department. One of their deputies, Frankie Betterton, was recently shot and killed in a traffic stop.

We're trying to raise 130,000 dollars towards this. One of the things we will need to do as a News Department, is to keep running stories on this that will keep this in the public eye.

One of the things I wanted to do was to get in touch with law enforcement professionals around the country who have had their lives impacted by in-car cameras. My thinking is that we would interview them on the air and get their testimonials. This would make our listeners even more aware of the need for in-car cameras and hopefully would get us closer to our goal.

If anyone reading this knows of a law enforcement professional who could be able to help us out in this regard, please e-mail me at [email protected] You can also call me at 434-793-4411. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, as we try to make things a little safer for the local "men in blue". Thanks!

Chuck Vipperman
    News Director
    WBTM/WAKG
    Danville, VA

Reply under "Ask a Cop"
    People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5936 users online. 349 members and 5587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X