300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If God let you see.....

the type of life you were going to have and the world you were going to live in BEFORE you were born, would you want o be born?
    Sad to say, no, I would not.

Yeah I would, because living is better than being dead. You should know that. Snap out of it girl!

Comment

My life hasn't always been peaches and cream, and I sometimes say to myself, "This is NOT the life I ordered", but as a whole, I'm content. I love life, I love my family and friends, and I take things one day at a time. Granted, there are many things I would love to change in my life and in the world in general, but I am thankful that I am here. There are many things I have the power to change, but too many other things are out of my control. I can't kill myself over what I can't change.

Mitzi, I believe that God only gives us what we can handle as far as adversity is concerned. We grow stronger because of it. I also believe wholeheartedly that He brought us here, and He can end it at any time.

I know it's not exactly an answer to your question, just my thoughts...

Comment

Lots of people have said to me, "God never gives you more then you can handle" which is true. But my stock answer is, "I sure wish he'd hand me another plate".
        It is true that that which does not kill you makes you stronger.
        And why is living better then being dead, Mike? Maybe what's waiting for us is better. No,I am NOT suicidal. I could never do that too my family. But, I admit I'me struggling today. I went and and my wonderful cousin, only 48 years old, who is dying of cancer. She is upbeat and kind and determined to beat this thing. I never cry around her but she's been like a sister to me and this has me extremely upset.
        Never, ever fear that I would ever be the type to do myself harm. I have seen what that does to those left behinf. It takes so much of THEIR love of life away from them.
        I will be ok, Today is just a bad day.

Comment

Stay safe Mitzi.

Comment

[ 04-05-2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: Frank Booth ]

Comment

Frank, with all due respect to your humor, and I do appreciate it, sometimes you gotta cut it out. Some people can't relate.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Booth:
                I got to have sex with the hottest waitress at my favorite bar... And the timing couldn't have been better, because she got fat a year later!
                You weren't the reason that she gained weight, were you?!

Comment

"I sure wish he'd hand me another plate".
                  Like maybe the plate of Susan Smith's husband, you know him, his wife drowned both of his kids.

Or maybe the plate of the little girl near Dallas whose parents kept her locked in a closet for, oh what was it eight years, in her own feces and urine, fed only enough to keep her alive.

Maybe the plate of family whose 6 year old daughter was decapitated by a drunk driver while the parents watched.

Or you could have been given the plate of the guy who was accidently shot by his brother in a hunting accident in the early 80's only to recover then discover he received AIDS in a blood transfusion...

Maybe the plate of the woman in Dallas who heard over the phone her children beg for their lives while their daddy, her ex-husband, fatally shot them....

Or the plate of the person who wrote this, "For over twenty years, I have assisted people in changing their lives. In fact, I have had to overcome awesome obstacles in my personal life. At age six months, I was diagnosed with polio, and consequently endured seven excruciating operations. At age three, I was abandoned in the hospital and later adopted",

Or, well...never mind.
                  "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by Godside:
                    You weren't the reason that she gained weight, were you?!
                    Guess it could give new meaning to the phrase Who's your daddy?

Of course I might not be on the same page as you....

Comment

Yes, I would. I might try to change the few crappy things i know were to come but in the scheme of things i like my life.
                      "To each his own"

Comment

Well, txinvestigator, I do know what you are saying. This has just been a bad day today. I allow myself a pity party about once a month.
                        SO much has happened in my life, just like so many others. My only problem is that everything happend so fast. It was one thing after another there in less then a year. Illness, death, divroce, injury. Sometimes, I felt like I simply could not shift gears fast enough.
                        But always, when it gets to be serious, my strength takes over. I have so many regrets and time seems to be flying so fast. But I know I can handle whatever comes my way.
                        My family is use to me. In the biginning, I spiral down and hit the ground with a "thud". I lay there a but then I slowly pick myself up and keep going.
                        I have never been really strong emotionally. I take things that happen twice as hard as most people. But, without fail, I regain my strength and go on.
                        Most of it is worry over my son. But I'me even doing better with that.
                        Just today I am just so tired for some reason.

Comment

[ 04-05-2003, 08:16 PM: Message edited by: Frank Booth ]

Comment

But why did it MATTER that she got fat

Comment

Not a way to spend a Sunday night...I think you missed the Simpsons tonight...I know I did.

Keep the Faith...Things have to get better, right?
                              I haven't felt this good since we stole the 2000 elections!--Ned Flanders

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5630 users online. 353 members and 5277 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X