300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat problem

First off, let me say that I really don't hate cats.

Our house guests have a cat. They have to leave it outside in the yard because my dogs hate cats. The cat is on a leash.

The other night I heard a commotion out in the yard, so I went to look. There were about 20 cats in my yard. Some were fighting the cat on the leash and some were trying to mate with the cat on the leash. Others were climbing in the garbage can trying to munch out on the used pampers, and scattering them all over the yard.

I pepper sprayed the cats, but that didn't stop them. So, I called animal control. I told them there was a pack of cats in my yard and I wanted them to send a cat catcher to get them. No, she said, we can't do that. We can lend you a cat trap for two weeks, and then once trapped, we can collect the cats. I said ok, I'll come get it. No, she said, we don't have any.

So, I said, I'll pop them with my BB gun and get rid of them. Oh no! she said, someone might get hurt! Someone? Cmon, I said! There just cats! I'm not gonna kill them, just shoot them in the backside with a low powered BB gun.

You better check on local gun laws she said. Ok. I called the police and said is it against any law to shoot a BB gun. Yes she said. It is against the law to discharge a firearm in the city limits. I said it's a BB gun! She said it was still classified as a firearm. Why do you want to shoot it? I told her the cat story and she said I would be violating animal cruelty laws.

I started laughing real hard, and I think she was offended by that. What's so funny she said? I said the cats are terrorizing my guest cat, and scattering trash and baby sh*t all over my yard, and according to you the G-Dam cats have more rights than I do! Click.

I like to send them all to the Fort Worth mayors house.

[ 06-02-2002: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

A bunch of teenagers shot my parent's cat fifteen years ago. It caused a lot of health problems, and in addition to being expensive to get the damn thing out, was the eventual cause of his death (due to the related health problems).

Er ... it sounds like a lot of cats were in the garbage cans. Maybe its the odor of the diapers attracting them?

Comment

I've heard that scattering mothballs about the area will keep cats out. Of course, you COULD always LET THE DOGS OUT!
      "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
      -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

Comment

My dogs attorney says it violates the 14th Amendment!

Comment

I am just on my way out for the day but I had to say Mike.... This is about the funniest thing I have ever read in a long time! There are tears in my eyes!

Comment

Mike, I do really feel your pain, but when I read your story I had the best laugh in a long time. I had to go get my wife so I could read your post to her, who also had a good laugh.
            When I close my eyes I can just see a drunken, drug dealing wild gang of cats, yelling, drinking beer, hanging from the trees, fighting, shooting off guns, sexually assaulting your "guest" cat and throwing trash everywhere. I'm sorry don't know what got into me.
            I do wish you good luck!!
            "You will never do anything in this world without courage. It is the greatest quality of the mind next to honor."
            - James Allen

Comment

Mike, it's really cruel to have that cat on a leash outside unless ahuman is leading it on a walk. (Most cats won't do that anyway) Cats are vicious fighters and very territorial,really territorial and having it on a leash is like making a man fight with his hands behimd his back. The poor thing can't even run to hide. If it can't come in the house, it should at least be in a very large cage util other arrangements can be made.
              I feel so sorry for that cat. Do you have a garage it can stay in at night? It would need a litterbox. And I wouldn't leave your car in there unless you want paw prints all over your window.
              But I hope something is sone for that poor cat. Leashing it up outside is very cruel.

Comment

WOW MIKE, sounds like you have an ARMY of cats there!! You do everything big in Texas!
                You might have to call the PD back and refer to the Bill of Rights Amendment 3.
                No soldier (in this case cats) shall, in the time of peace, be quartered in any house without the consent of the owner.......
                " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

Damn.

Comment

Mike, Did you not just yesterday get that newly purchased SAR sighted in?

Comment

The cat has access to the garage window, where it can get inside and use it's litter box.

Jim, I appreciate the thought, but I really don't want to kill them, just be rid of them.

Maybe Mitzi can come take them home to Florida!

If the cat could talk, what a tale she'd tell...

Comment

If the cat has access to the garage window, so do all the other cats, Mike. The poor little thing...I have had cats my whole life and I can tell you that the way she is living is cruel for a cat. they have to have places to hide. I've seen cats fight almost to the death.
                        I can only tell you what I would do. If you do have an extra room, put her and her litter box in that room or have the houseguests give her to a family that will let it stay in the house. I bet that cat hasn't really slept since she got there. All my cats are inside cats. I rarely have a cat that visists with guests. If I did, I would quarantine it in a bedroom or something. Even with the garage window open, it has absolutely no defense from these other cats. And believe me, there ain't nothing meaner then a Tom Cat that wants to mate. I guearantee you the other cats go in the garage when she does. Remember, her whole world is the circumference of that leash. It's just like throwing her to wolves in the situation she is in. She probably has inhuries yoiu can't even see. Cats's are subject to abscesses that can kill them from one scratch from another cat. Bet she's been bitten a lot too.
                        Plase, Mike, for poor old Mitzi, give her a safer place.
                        And if I found out this cat was kept on a leash at your houseguests house on a continual basis (I know she's at yours), I would report them for animal ruelty. A tied up cat deprives it of total defense from the others. One night, she's gonna get torn up, believe me.

Comment

Maybe you could hypnotize them.

Comment

Cats are really afraid of Polar Bears. Get some Polar Bear **** and sprinkle it around the yard.

Comment

Mike,I am amazed that it is illegal to discharge an air rifle where you live. Are you sure your question was understood? I would investigate further... Personally, if I had that many, I wouldn't be using a low power BB gun I would break out the .22 cal air rifle and shoot one or two of the meanest looking ones, the others should get the hint.
                              Bill R

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3512 users online. 180 members and 3332 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X