Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone help with a "pick up" line?

Writer's groups are so cruel. In my novel, I had my female forensic psychologist approached by a male detective who said "do I know you from somewhere?" Everyone in my group thought this line was outdated.

This character (the male detective), while not a bad guy, is macho and obnoxious. He reappears later in the story and interferes with the investigation that is being led by another detective.

Can anyone help me come up with a better pick up line?

The funny thing is, I've been hit on 3 times in the past few years with variations of "do I know you from somewhere." Go figure!

You could do what Dustin Hoffman did in "Tootsie". When he was dressed as a woman, Jessica Lange says, "Wouldn't it be a breath of fresh air if a man came up to you and said, (something to this effect) "You know, I could give you a real line but the fact is I find you incredibly attractive and would like to go to bed with you."
    So, when he's at a party, as the man he is, he sees her and goes up and says that and she throws a drink in his face! LOL! Yep, that's us women!

Comment

"Baby, you have no idea what I can do with strawberries and whip cream."
      Surprisingly that one did work.

Comment

Only "line" I ever used I improvised at a nice restaurant having dinner with some friends. Our waitress was very attractive, and I wanted to hit on her, but did not want to get shot down in front of my buds. She noticed me watching and when she smiled, I told her: "I'd love to hit on you, but I can't think of a think you probably haven't heard ten times already today." When she brought my beer, she'd written a phone number on the napkin. Once, in a row, something went my way.

------------------
        In God we trust. All others we run through NCIC.
        "But if it be a sin to covet honor, I am the most offending soul alive." from Henry V, by Wm. Shakespeare

Comment

I can tell you the WORST pick- up line i've ever had. At a bar, this guy lurches over drunkenly and says: "Is that Windex on your pants? 'cos i can really see myself in them!"
          [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Maybe I'm just not very creative but I think the line was okay. The man is a detective & meets hundreds of people. He can't remember them all but yet maybe remembers having seen them somewhere & just can't put a name to them. By saying what he did, he leaves a face-saving out as to why he said it. Seems reasonable to me.

Comment

I was at a pub one night w/some friends and had a guy come up and say, "I'm new in town, could I have directions to your house?". Geez, what is it w/some men!

------------------
              "There's no place like home."

Comment

GDenneyman... I completely agree. Guess that makes us both really out of date.

blondie... what was your reply?

Comment

I had to laugh...then i had to politely tell him to please leave me alone

[email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

This pick up line got me slapped 9 out of the 10 times I used it, however that one time made it all worth it.

Hey Baby...you want to get some pizza and (the four letter word that starts with "F" and rhymes with Duck)?

When they look at me like I have lost my mind I reply...

"What you don't like pizza?"

One does not have to go to a mad house to find disordered minds, our planet is the insane asylum of the universe.

Comment

Two pickup lines that always worked for me were: "Wanna go fool around?" and "Do you believe in the hereafter? Then you know what I'm here after" My husband (at the time) NEVER turned my down

Comment

Here they are....The World's Best (Worst?) Pick Up Lines!

G.A.

------------------
                        No cops, know anarchy.
                        No cops, know anarchy.

"He aint finna come all up in my house and act a fool and be gettin away with it cause I will go smooth off." -Movista

Comment

I never use pick-up lines at bars. I just sit quietly on the bar stool licking my eyebrows.
                          The women come up to me!

P.S. I apologize if I offended anyone.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sandy:
                            I had my female forensic psychologist approached by a male detective who said "do I know you from somewhere?"

This character (the male detective), while not a bad guy, is macho and obnoxious.

-------------------------------------------

Sandy,
                            It depends on the setting. If they are in the psychologist's office or at the police station that line would fit.

Otherwise use, "Hey, how you doin"?

Comment

On a more serious note....

"hey didn't we go to different schools together....?"

The other is to start up a conversation as though you already know the person, then suddenly realise that you are mistaken and thought they were somebody else, followed through with decent conversation after that ice-breaker.

------------------
                              Why Rule.303 ? ..... Refer to the movie, Breaker Morant

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3907 users online. 238 members and 3669 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X