300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agony

Any suggestions for severe back pain? It woke me up out of a sound sleep and I can't lay there because it hurts too much. I'm not comfortable at all sitting at the computer either - I haven't figured out if it hurts more sitting down or laying down. I took an 800mg motrin and I'm hoping it kicks in. HELP!

Stretch and walk. It will loosen up those muscles.

Comment

Try a hot shower then some slow streching and walking. I got bad knees from falling off a bridge on a suicide call and that seems to work best of all. Also asprin since the silicate in the asprin helps loosen up the joints. Hope it lossens up.
      Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

Methocarbamol 750mg

Take two tablets by mouth three times a day.

May cause drowsiness: Alcohol may intensify this effect. Use care when operating a car or dangerous machinery.

Comment

wow Dave if your taking that you have a serious back problem.... alos called ROBAXIN... it worked when i broke my back tho.. the hot bat works for me now and a steady supply of celebrex

Comment

My back is not bad.... I am just very convincing for the doctor

It's just a relaxation pill

Comment

Eagle 6 I took that robaxin that seems like that will help her immediately while I also take celebrex now but that will take some time to give her some relief to it kicks in don't you think?
              Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

*Looks in schedule of "Controlled Drugs and Substances Act" for possible narcotics that may help.*

Oops... not what you're looking for?
                "Nature gave us one tongue and two ears, so that we could listen twice as often as we speak."

- Epictetus

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I pretty much have just suffered through it. I don't like taking medications, and when I do have to take something, I won't take anything stronger than prescription motrin. I hate the feeling of not being in control of my own body. I'd rather suffer than be spaced out.

I have an old injury with the back (fell on the ice) and it's been haunting me since last week. Ice and heat have helped a great deal though.

Again, thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

I put a heating pad on mine when it acts up but a doctor told me once that heat doesn't do it any good, just use ice. I like the way heat feels though. Ice is COLD! Brrr.

Comment

That heat/cold controversy has been going on forever it seems. The doctors say "cold" but doggone it, I have to agree with Pigskin, heat feels one hell of a lot better!

Katey, have you tried going to a chiropractor? I know they have a
                      6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Don:
                        [QB]That heat/cold controversy has been going on forever it seems. The doctors say "cold" but doggone it, I have to agree with Pigskin, heat feels one hell of a lot better!
                        QB]
                        Don,

I agree. People really get confused by the heat/cold advice! Actually, they both help under the right conditions. In general, use cold when the skin feels warm to the touch because then the cold will reduce the inflammation. When the skin feels normal or cool to the touch, use heat to speed circulation to the injured area to help healing. That's about the best explanation I've ever seen for it and it came from Dr. Michael Weinblatt's book, The Arthritis Action Program. He's a Harvard professor of medicine and rheumatologist at Brigham and Women's Hospital.

Kate

Comment

Another sleepless night with pain. Ugh. I wish I had my heating pad right now. I brought it to work and left it there because sometimes sitting in the chair all day kills me. I hurt so bad I feel sick to my stomach. This sucks immensely. Time for a trip to the doc this week. I just don't want drugs. It's pretty much the only reason why I haven't gone.

Don, I am seriously contemplating a chiro too. My back just keeps getting worse and worse. Right now, I'd give anything to make the pain go away.

Comment

I will second Don on the chiropractor.

I had an upper back injury from weight lifting, the regular docs were talking about surgery, I didn't think it was that severe, so I went to a chiropractor. He diagnosed the problem and I went through the various contortions and poppings, and finally he was able to fix my back.

One thing I did learn from him was not to use dry heat like a heating pad on your back. Use a moist heat, like a hot damp towel. I dont know the reasoning behind it, but a damp heat did work better for me.

Comment

Katey a chiropractor WILL work without drugs. That is one of the reasons that I recommend them!

I can also vouch for the wet heat. My wife and I use it on each other when we have back aches. It really does relax the muscles.

The best way we have found to do it is to lay a bath towel folded once so you have a double thickness over the back. Then wet one or two bath towels, fold them together and heat in microwave.

Use kitchen gloves to remove them, wrap them in at least one more towels and place on the back. Cover with a heavy towel to hold in the heat.

CAUTION: DO NOT LEAVE THE PERSON ALONE WITH THE HEAT ON THEIR BACK. Don't let them go to sleep either. You want them awake, but relaxed, so they can tell you if the towels are too hot, or if the build up too much heat. You don't need burns, on top of the backaches!

Don't leave them on longer than fifteen minutes or so. Shorter than that if they cool down.
                              6P1 (retired)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5503 users online. 349 members and 5154 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X