Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 Officers on leave after apparent Suicide by cop.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 Officers on leave after apparent Suicide by cop.

(detailed story)
    http://www.wave3.com/Global/story.asp?S=10725143

SHIVELY, KY (WAVE) - For the third time in a week, an armed suspect is dead after a confrontation with police. The latest happened early Tuesday in Shively. 12 Metro Police officers are on leave as the investigation into exactly what happened continues.

Police say early Tuesday morning, Casey simply was a person with a gun. "What we believe this individual did is pointed a handgun at our officers and our officers did utilize deadly force at that point and time," said Sergeant Robert Biven, a LMPD spokesperson.

http://www.wlky.com/news/20053198/detail.html
    (additional info.)
    "Its not what you know, its what you can prove."-Training Day

"Game on, bitches. Whoop whoop, flash the lights, pull it over."

My brother should not have been gunned down the way he was gunned down.
    Would she feel better if he had been blindfolded?

It was done unprofessionally, I feel.
    ???? How did the officers shoot him unprofessionally? Did the officers give the down syndrome Rambo scream while they shot him?

They've got stun guns.
    Ya like I'm going to risk missing the loony while he has a gun pointed at me...

When they were told that it was unloaded, my God, what's wrong with going up and stunning him instead of opening fire on him?
    Uh.... So I'm supposed to take your word that the weapon is unloaded? Maybe we should ask all criminals and psychos if their weapon is loaded or not? hmmmm

I'd sue the family for the emotional trauma that goes along with a "Blue Suicide". Do these people not understand that we don't like the idea of taking a life?
    Last edited by catch um and ba; 07-18-2009, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Cause nobody EVER gets shot with a gun that was unloaded...

Comment

Originally posted by wirefire2 View Post
        Cause nobody EVER gets shot with a gun that was unloaded...
        Sarcasm at its best...

Comment

Okay, so let's look at this more carefully. . . .
          "My brother should not have been gunned down the way he was gunned down. It was done unprofessionally, I feel. They've got stun guns. When they were told that it was unloaded, my God, what's wrong with going up and stunning him instead of opening fire on him?" said Wethington.
          But if the gun was NOT unloaded and our now deceased BG started to become trigger happy? What are the LEOs to do? Use their stun guns? At-a-girl, that's using the brains.

So I take it she's assuming the folks responding to the incident had X-ray vision and know automatically that the gun was unloaded and take the chance that it is. This isn't rocket science, even if you're not an LEO, if you point a gun at me, guess what? I'm unleashing a can of NYC Whoop @$$ to make sure I live that night.

Suddenly, the Chris Rock video is beginning to make sense more and more each day.

Comment

That lady should open her own DT and firearms school. She must know a lot more than we all know.
            She must be an expert to have the ability to know when some DB is pointing a loaded or unloaded gun at her.
            Maybe she has some advanced training, years of experience and certifications in detecting deception. After all the ability and discipline to determin if another person was lieing or not about a gun is amazing.
            I wonder where she got all her certifications from?
            I wish they would have hired her as a guest instructor in my academy.

Comment

I thought the general rule was to assume any gun is loaded until proven otherwise (and even then, don't act like it's a sure thing).

Although there weren't a lot of people agreeing in the comments, it seems to me that the family had the primary responsibility for the situation by not removing guns from where that man had access to them.
              Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

My dad always said it best - "It's never the loaded firearm that kills someone."

Comment

Uh....point a gun at the police -- even a TOY gun or a pellet gun or an airsoft gun or a friggin STAPLE gun -- and you can expect to be shot, probably fatally. What bothers me is that had this been Joe Citizen at whom the "unloaded" gun was pointed, and Joe Citizen had opened fire and killed the "mentally disturbed" idiot, no one would be upset. But because it was the cops....
                  If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

#1 rule of gun control - always treat every gun as one that's loaded.
                    John Q. Citizen

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Comment

all this yappin about 'stun guns' and shed be the first to biyatch if he was tazed and died...
                      Originally posted by Smurfette_76
                      Might not pass an AIDS test, but HEY...they look nice in uniform.

Comment

The family of this man are probably in agony over losing him. I would chalk up all of their statements, ridiculous as they are, to that. It was a sad day for everybody I'm sure.
                        -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

--ArkansasRed24

Comment

The family probably thinks the cops can see down the barrel from 20 feet away to tell if there is a bullet in the chamber or not...

Comment

Originally posted by Jane Q Public View Post
                            I thought the general rule was to assume any gun is loaded until proven otherwise (and even then, don't act like it's a sure thing).

Although there weren't a lot of people agreeing in the comments, it seems to me that the family had the primary responsibility for the situation by not removing guns from where that man had access to them.
                            A lot of the citizens out here think we should taser people in these situatuions. Then when we do use the taser its always something else that we should have done. God help us when someone passes away after a tasing too. The media out here LOVES to talk about the big bad taser and the mean ol' LMPD for using it. The family in this situation is clearly greiving, but they too are clueless. They could have prevented the whole incident. If his sister knew the gun was unloaded she could of taken it away from him without fear of being shot.

I must say one negative aspect of being a member of this department is that there is zero respect in the community, and in the media. It gets old after a while.

Comment

Seems like the statements the sister made were more emotional then logical.

Plus I'd think that if the police visited that home 11 times before, that this family isn't exactly too fond of their local PD.
                              sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3458 users online. 164 members and 3294 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X