Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steroids-Take Now-Pay Later...Would You?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steroids-Take Now-Pay Later...Would You?

Professional athletes keep taking them. Some say high performance/mega-dollar contracts make it worth the side effects.

web page

A few of the side effects on this list kind of jump out at you. Death, disability, uncontrollable rage.

Do big muscles make up for atrophy of the nether parts?

Would you trade your body for money and glory?

Friday

Nope. Not that stuff. Not worth it.

Death...

Why rush a certain thing? Besides, execise daily, take 'roids, eat right and make a good looking corpse. No matter what you look like, you're still ultimately a worm buffet.

Disability...

OK, you take something that has the risk of disability so you can be stronger??? Can't see the logic unless you think it will come in handy to push a wheelchair around.

Uncontrollable rage...

I get that already without caffiene.

Atrophy of the nether parts...

Hey, I ain't got much, but what I got I'm proud of! You have a big, well developed body to impress the ladies, but you have a small Johnson. Kind of like putting $5,000 worth of rims and tires on a Ford Festiva.

[ 06-06-2002: Message edited by: FLLawdog ]

Comment

Why rush a certain thing? Besides, execise daily, take 'roids, eat right and make a good looking corpse. No matter what you look like, you're still ultimately a worm buffet.
      Hmm...Nicely put!

To answer the post question, Hell no! I would never do anything to myself like that. It always amazes me how some athletes have been on TV saying, "Gee I can't understand why I now have health problems. I only took 6 steriod pills a day".

Sad.
      If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

My son has had to take steroids on more than one occasion for his asthma. It's always short term, but I always dread when he has to take them at all. They are always a last resort. They make him sick to his stomach and they make him irritable, but when he gets very sick, it's the only thing that has been able to keep the swelling of his lungs under control.

How people can take them daily is beyond me...

Comment

Did a little research and found this article on the different kinds of steroids.

Your little guy is not taking the kind that cause the terrible side effects that body builders and athletes get.

Hope this helps.
          web page

Asthma is a tough one, reaching epidemic rates in some states-probably the environment.

Hope we find better treatments for it, especially for the kids.

Friday

Comment

NOPE!
            "Speed is fine, but accuracy is final"--Bill Jordan

Comment

There are two kinds of steroids........anabolic and catabolic. The anabolics are the ones for athletics.

However, I do have to point one thing out: If properly administered by a knowledgeable physician and cycled properly, the side effects are rare. It is steroid abuse and misuse that lead to those bad side effects.

Comment

Posted by Friday:
                Would you trade your body for money and glory?

Yes. Now lets say I
                "are you going to bark all day little doggie or are you going to bite"

Comment

Anabolic steroids can be used safely and still confer great gains in muscle mass and strength. It requires doing a lot of research into the different drugs, proper doses and stacks with various drugs for maximum benefit while minimizing side effects. By the way, I have never tried steroids or other strength-enhancing drugs.

The dangerous side effects are largely exaggerated in the media. There has never been a death proven to result from steroid use. A favorite example of the anti crowd is Lyle Alzado dying from brain cancer. He claimed it was from roids, but his own doctors couldn't say what caused it. Alzado was also taking practically every illicit street drug ever devised, drinking massive amounts and living like a wildman. He could have gotten cancer from Human Growth Hormone extracted from cadavers, which was the only source in the 70s and early 80s. It caused problems in several people. All HGH now is synthetic.

As far as baseball goes, steroids don't in any way improve hand-eye coordination or the eye to see that perfect home run pitch coming. Also, conditioning programs have improved vastly in the last few years. And just because a prescription is required, don't think that there aren't lots of doctors who will prescribe them, thus making them totally legal.

I personally see no problem with top-level athletes using steroids, especially when they use them properly. Steroids are also beneficial in extending a career in sport by recapturing some lost youthfulness. Nothing wrong with that. I think when I hit my 50s, steroids and HGH will be commonplace prescriptions for anti-aging.

[ 05-31-2002: Message edited by: ateamer ]
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

KateyKates my children plus myself have taken steriods for asthma over the years for asthma such as prednisone. Also Abuterol and Combivent. There are a few more. They are really the only things to pull you out of an acute attack but it is done under the supervision of a doctor. Although they not great for the body its not the same kind of steroids these guys are pushing. Some of these guys in health clubs are using steriods from vet clinics made in Mexico. God only knows what are in the bottles and even if it is steriods its made for animals. I have a friend that works in law enforcement with the government and lifts weights. The effect on his body have been really bad. I have been at his house and taken him to the hospital with uncontrollable nose bleeds, Right now his liver count is out of site. He contiues to work out and take them. He has already had 2 biopsies on his liver since they thought the high count was cancer. His build is more important than his health. My answer to the question I would never touch them.
                    Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

I had seen the rages and the um...sexual side effects of roids. Thought guys were stupid for doing it. Who really cares if you can bench 300lbs. It did not impress me one way or another at the gym.

I took care of a dying 34 year old. He juiced from high school on. He was a lovely shade of yellow. Liver...nah...who needs that...kidneys...who needs them pancreas...who needs that. Wasted away to nothing... Was real attractive when at last he finally passed. It was very sad yet...he did it to himself.

No...steroids are not worth it. I think every kid or young person should see a video of that young man I took care of. Might make them think twice...then again maybe not. Who can explain vanity?

Shan

Comment

Why bother with steroids? There are a number of Chinese herbal performance enhancers that have no real side effects, hundreds of years of safe use, and give similar results as roids, just not as potent, and it takes longer that's all.

Risks are minimal, you still get a good raise in Testosterone, and an INCREASE in sexual ability as oppsed to roids which boost testosterone so much that the male body starts to produce estrogen to compensate.

Many a martial artist from traditional backgronds go this route with no problems that I have ever heard of, including myself.

Heck, even just your basic ginseng when used over time causes the body to develop faster with the same physical routines, and speeds recovery times as well. You can often buy that stuff at your local gas station now as a healthy alternative to morning coffe.

No need for steroids. There are other alternatives that are safer, and saner. They just take a bit longer to achive vertually the same results.
                        Come visit the Royal Dragon Kung Fu Discusion forums at www.dreamwater.net/biz/royaldragon/index.html

Comment

No. The negatives are too well known and outweigh any positive gains for the average person.

Comment

Though I've never used steroids, I've met plenty who have. There are no herbs and plant roots that give the same results in any length of time. Ginseng is not anabolic nor androgenic.

If herbals really worked, why don't Squibb and Dow sell them?
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

"There are a number of Chinese herbal performance enhancers that have no real side effects, hundreds of years of safe use, and give similar results as roids"

That's why we have so many high level Chinese body-builders, right?

They might do great things, but to say they give similar results is a bit of a reach.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6145 users online. 344 members and 5801 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X