Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you have a Winnie the Pooh, GI Joe, or Spiderman Backpack / Lunch Box?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klar
    replied
    LOL Well my kids will never have the $150 nikes or all those fads. LOL Well if their dad buys it for them then the boys will but we do not have that kind of monies. But the fact that the boys understand it and they are happy with the toys and the clothes they have makes it a lot easier.

Klar

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    My kids have no say in what they wear to school. As is the norm with Catholic schools, there's a uniform policy.

A lot of the public schools here in the township have also gone the way of the uniform, although they are not as strict as the Catholic schools.

Personally, I like the whole idea of uniforms for school. No worries about who has the $150 Nike sneakers, or whatever the fad of moment is...

[ 09-04-2002, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Leave a comment:

• sandie
    replied
    I never had a choice. I got what I got and I had to be happy with it or dont eat. I normally had some ugly plaid metal lunch box, it was embarassing, but oh well thats life

Come to think of it, I didnt even have a choice on the clothing my parents got me. Again, I got what I got like it or not. And my mother used to sew these dum short dresses, made me wear short bobby socks and black paten leather buckel shoes. gawd, if I was a kid in todays day and age, Id be picked on ALOT

My kids got nice lunchbox's they dont have charactors on them, but they were the good ones with insulation inside of them, they think they are cool. And my kids only like jeans and a T shirt and they pick out their own stuff. I guess my kids have it alot better then me!

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    replied
    Guess sometimes plain isn't always better...

Today was the first day back to school for my kids. My Anthony has a blue backpack, Mikey has a green one (identical to mine). I get to work and go to get my cd's and guess who took the wrong backpack? So instead of his school supplies, Mikey has lots of classic rock to listen to!

Leave a comment:

• wonderwoman
    replied
    Hang on to those old lunch boxes! They would be great in the chest box you have to pass on to your kids!

I remember having a Yogi Bear one. I was looking through some old school pics to see if any had a lunch box in them. You know, those first day of school pics the parents took!!

Leave a comment:

• LarryCanary
    replied
    This will date me,LOL. I had a bright yellow vinyl lunch bag with Sock It To Me all over it. I went to Catholic school and the nuns didn't find Laugh In amusing

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    I LIVED for my metal Charlies angels lunch box... I ultimately ended up with a plastic "Poochie" one in fifth grade.

Leave a comment:

• txinvestigator1
    replied
    GI Joe and a Batman one

Leave a comment:

• klar
    replied
    LOL that is one nice thing about having a dad as a teacher. I got to eat in the teachers lounge with my dad and have a real nice lunch. If I was not eating there I was able to walk home and get a nice cooked lunch from home. (only lived three houses from school). I guess I had it made that way. Only problem is if I goofed up I was in the principals office with only my dad. I am surprised I made it to Junior high. LOL

Klar

Leave a comment:

• dkiefner
    replied
    SGT Fury and his Howling Commandoes

Leave a comment:

• Pigskin
    replied
    The only one I can remember having was from the Wild Bill Hickok TV show. Can't remember who played Wild Bill although I can "see" his face but Andy Devine played his sidekick.

Leave a comment:

• Bill R
    replied
    I had a Bonanza one.

Leave a comment:

• drew
    replied
    I had a Spider-man lunch box. The funny thing is my mother still has it. Wonder how much money that thing is worth?

Leave a comment:

• shadows
    replied
    Now I feel deprived. I didn't go to school. I never got to have a lunchbox.

Leave a comment:

• Shannon34
    replied
    When I was in grade school Everyone had a lunch box. That was the biggest deal...picking out your lunch box before school started in September. The two I remember was an H.R. Puffinstuff one and an Apple's Way one. I can't remember any of the other ones.
    Once you started Jr. High it was 'cool' to buy your lunch. So I bought and very rarely ..if we were eating outside on the lawn we would brown bag it.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5580 users online. 328 members and 5252 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X