Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you have a Winnie the Pooh, GI Joe, or Spiderman Backpack / Lunch Box?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you have a Winnie the Pooh, GI Joe, or Spiderman Backpack / Lunch Box?

I was looking at all the Back To School stuff in the stores and trying to remember what lunch box I had........ (still doing that.....)

When you were in public/highschool what was on your backpack or lunchbox? Barbie? Gi Joe? Scoopy Doo? Superman? And, if you have school age children, what did they select this year.

[ 09-01-2002, 10:41 AM: Message edited by: wonderwoman ]

Mine was GI Joe, my favorite when I was kid!

WW, you have a pm!

Comment

I had a red plaid lunch box.

Comment

OMG, I can remember way back in the day, I had a metal Barbie lunch box. It's about the only one I really do remember.

As for my kids, they've been through the He-Man and She-ra stage, as well as Ghostbusters, Transformers and those dreaded Power Rangers.

Now everything they have is plain. They have insulated lunch bags, but prefer brown bags because there's no worry of forgetting anything during recess.

As for backpacks, we all have them, myself included. I tote cd's and other things to work with me everyday. I'd be lost without it. Everyone has Jansport except for daughter, who prefers Adidas. They're all plain.

Comment

I took my lunch in brown bags. We had pranksters that would steal lunches from our lockers, somehow getting into them.
          I remember making a sandwich, forget which kind, and I put hot sauce in it. I know who was stealing the lunches tooo...lol. It was a kid in our class that had everything...Even drove a mustang when I walked to school.
          I just sat there and waited to see who ran to the water fountain and it was him. Then, I told a teacher cuz I was tired of going without lunch because of the likes of him. He was watched and caught. Don't know what happened to him tho.

Comment

I never had a lunch box,always suffered with "hot"lunches. My back packs were always plain black(and empty)hated school!
            My daughter's lunch box this year is Barbie, last year it was also Barbie. With a matching Barbie pack. I had to also by my 3yr old a lunch box just so she didn't feel left out.
            I always wanted a Dukes of H***ards lunch Box!

Comment

I had a "Lone Ranger" lunchbox until I noticed that little kid's with lunchboxes invited the unwelcome attention of larger kids with evil intentions....so I switched to brown bags.

My mom made terrible lunches so I didn't even carry the brown bag for very long. Soft pretzels were sold at school for a nickel. They made a fine lunch.....still do, except now they cost a quarter.

I bet that lunchbox would now fetch a pretty penny on eBay.

Comment

quote:
                Originally posted by Dinosaur:
                My mom made terrible lunches so I didn't even carry the brown bag for very long.

Awwww, you poor baby.  -

If my kids complain about the lunches I make them, they can either starve, buy something with their own money, or make it themselves. Actually, in all the years I've been packing their lunches, I've never heard one complaint.

Comment

I made my son's for many years and it was a challenge. He went to a private school and they had no cafeteria. So, I had to be creative. Cold days were sandwiches and a thermos of soup. They would hook up a coffemaker so the kids could have hot water for the ramen soups. But, he never complained.
                  I taught there for a bit. It never failed to amaze me that, if a child forgot a lunch, how the others would share with them. Of course, as you got to 5th and 6th grades you had to tell them to knock it off when they thought sharing a lunch was giving someone a grape or an already chewed bite of sandwich. sshheesshh!

Comment

quote:
                    Originally posted by kateykakes:
                    If my kids complain about the lunches I make them, they can either starve, buy something with their own money, or make it themselves. Actually, in all the years I've been packing their lunches, I've never heard one complaint. [/QB]

What my wife does is down loads from the school web site the menu for three weeks. So when I go shopping I know how many days to buy food for lunch and how many days my lil'girl be buying lunch there. If she changes her mine, too bad.
                    the thing that gets me she' only 7, ways 40lbs and eats breakfast here, breakfast at school, snack & lunch at school, a snck when she gets home and supper at 5. And is still as skinny as a rail

[ 09-01-2002, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: Mortal Knight ]

Comment

MK,

My kids go to Catholic school and the lunch room isn't that large. They pretty much have the same thing on the menu everyday, except for special lunch days (hoagies from the deli, McDonald's, etc).

My kids get either bologna & cheese, turkey & cheese, or PBJ's. That's pretty much all they like. Throw in some fruit and some other sort of snack and their good to go.

Comment

I guess there's alot of advantage of catholic/private schools. Personally I'd like to send my kids. Or atleast homeschool them.
                        Very complicated situation here!
                        Like I was saying you and your kids are lucky. I'm sure there is still peer-presure there. But if its not offered they can't miss it!

Comment

quote:
                          Originally posted by Piper:
                          I had a red plaid lunch box.

So did I! and i still have it stored away.

i dont have a backpack, we have to take a clear purse into work so they can see everything inside it. mine is a Sponge Bob clear pocketbook.
                          "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Were stickers a big deal in your time? We had really cool stickers on our binders and lunch kit.

Comment

In elementry school the big thing was STOMPERS.
                              (Cars and trucks that ran on a AA battery.) And Transformers.

In JR High the big thing was black rubber braclets,guys and girls wore them.

In high school, slept through most opf it so I don't remember. Oh yeah girls!

Never was big into stickers. But in JR/high school I always drew band logos on the covers.
                              Copied them from the tape covers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5649 users online. 332 members and 5317 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X