300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with CALEA!!!

We're done in that the Sheriff has discontinued our pursuit. We underlings do not know why, but we suspect the cost and manpower needs outweigh the immediate benefit.

We get one of our Detectives back! I hope he can take about half of my property cimes caseload.
    Last edited by KenW.; 07-03-2009, 09:24 AM. Reason: typographical errors noted.
    I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

My first dept had the right idea. They simply took the CALEA model used most of it. Tweaked what they didn't want or made changes they thought were more fitting and kept their money and let CALEA keep their name and stickers
    Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

WAIT, wait, wait a minute. You were offered stickers? And you turned them down? Think of the naked clipboards!
      I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by KenW. View Post
        WAIT, wait, wait a minute. You were offered stickers? And you turned them down? Think of the naked clipboards!
        Yeah!! What a shame!!

Comment

Hey Ken, noticed the avatar. Did you fly or RIO on the Phantom II?

Comment

My department is going NUTS with this CALEA crap... they're hoping we'll get it next year...
            “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

My current Dept has it, but thank God they have long had it before I got here, so everything is pretty smooth now. I'v seen some depts near me go through hell trying to aquire it.

Tell you what the SOB that came up with this con of "I'll make depts pay me to write their policy and tell them what to do" is a genuis
              Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

My department has been trying to get it for a long time. What is the benefit?

Comment

We kinda like it..every time a new directive comes down, we can all groan and say "More CALEA Bull$#!t!!!!!

Comment

My last department had some wastes of cops (mangement included) who worked the calea crap.
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Marty, i was neither. I kept them flying. Two years as a structural mechanic in the 86 TFW at ramstien AB, then 18 years on F-16s.

Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
                        My department has been trying to get it for a long time. What is the benefit?
                        That's what I would like to know, sometimes it doesn't seem worth the trouble. The things I've noticed around my area are the CALEA agencies tend to have higher wages and more toys but the use of said toys tend be restricted by policies and there are policies on EVERYTHING. One CALEA agency I've heard of has to complete a report on every call they respond too. Luckily my department isn't that bad but we still have to document what we do on the job.
                        Last edited by westside popo; 07-04-2009, 04:18 AM.

Comment

We have CALEA. Oh, wait. Sorry. CALEA has us. What a crock of crap it is.
                          sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

I hate CALEA. Deep hate. If there were Nazis to the right and CALEA to the left, I'd shoot left. We're going through it now. Waste of time and effort with zero benefit (IMO). People getting stressed over nothing. I have enough to do w/o putting f'n CALEA files together. What a scam.
                            sigpic
                            Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun.
                            And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son.

Comment

CALEA is a waste of time and money. It means nothing. Its a way for command staff to look good to other command staff and a astrix on their resume.
                              The greatest misconception in police work that gets more officers killed is alot of cops are still taught to use the "minimum force necessary". In reality a true professional will always resort to the "Maximum Allowable Force" to resolve a situation. They mean the same thing, however one is a restriction and the other is an empowerment.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3417 users online. 153 members and 3264 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X