300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scary!

We were working in our yard last Saturday. I had my female Yorkie out with me because she never runs, much less bites. But, I had the male Yorkie in the house because he chases and tries to bite anything that moves. I was working in the yard and didn't have the time to leash him. So, he was in the house and not very happy about it.
    Our son came home and I remembered just one second too late to yell not to let the dog out. Well, here comes the male Yorkie. He's big for a Yorkie, 16 pounds.
    OF COURSE, there had to be a man riding his bike around the block with his dog on a leash....Just the kind of action my male Yorkie likes. I threw my rake down and started yelling at my dog. First, he ran after the dog, who was like 100 times his size. But just about then, he decided the ankle of the man looked better so he ran to the other side of the bike. The man stopped and I thought "Oh, S*ht". He was ONE weird looking individual. Very heavy (He needed to be pedaling the bike, not letting his dog pull him), with weird, weird eyes. He was TOALLY pi**ed off at me and my dog. My dog did not bite him but my dog also knew he was in trouble so he and I are running circles around this man as I try to catch him.
    Well, the man gets mad, throws his bike down and takes a very threatening pose...with me! Hands on hips, starting toward me.....ACK! I said, "I'm so sorry. I'm trying to catch him." About that time another neighbor grabbed my dog, WHO I WAS TOTALLY TORKED AT.
    But this guy still stands there, glaring at me.
    THANK GOD my husband saw what was happening. He, himself, is a very large man, larger then this guy and he comes out slowly and defuses the situation. He stood by me and said, "Hey, we're sorry. He got out of the house, you saw her trying to catch him." The guy growls, "There is a leash law." My H said, "Yes, and we know him being out of the house without a leash was against the leash law. All we can say is we are sorry.....You saw he got out of the house. If he had bitten you, we would have done what was necessary to make it right."
    The guy backed down but did one strange thing. He never, ever took his eyes off my husbands eyes. He leaned over, picked up the bike, got his dog leash (leash law! leash law! He was off his leash! lol) and proceeded to walk backwards, his eyes locked on my husbands until he was almost two houses down. Then, he turned around, got on his bike, looked at my husband again, then let his dog pull him off.
    It was one scary, strange situation, like he took it personally.
    So, this weekend, we are geting one of those electronic fences. I didn't want to but, if I'm outside, my male Yorkie will do anything to get out. It's only a matter of time before he bites someone. *faint*

Originally posted by Mitzi:
    [growls,
    The guy backed down but did one strange thing. He never, ever took his eyes off my husbands eyes. He leaned over, picked up the bike, got his dog leash (leash law! leash law! He was off his leash! lol) and proceeded to walk backwards, his eyes locked on my husbands until he was almost two houses down. Then, he turned around, got on his bike, looked at my husband again, then let his dog pull him off.
    It was one scary, strange situation, like he took it personally.
    *[/QB]

Mitzi,

Uh, that was Mike Sullivan

Wonder what he was doing down there?

Comment

SHHHHHHHH I promised I wouldn't tell! Mum's the word!

Comment

Those invisible fences typically work well but, there has been occassion where my dog sees something that really gets him going and he seems to ignore the buzzer as well as the jolt he gets from the radio collar. If your dog is as excitable as he sounds, you may have trouble with the use of the fence. Some breeds are also not fazed by the jolt like others are but, I'm sure a dog of that size will know it when he is jolted.

As for the scary fellow, that seems odd for sure. Maybe he wasn't all there? On second hand maybe he was just a meathead. Good thing nothing came of the confrontation.
        "Nature gave us one tongue and two ears, so that we could listen twice as often as we speak."

- Epictetus

Comment

Mitzi, I thought there was action in this city. Spending a week at your house would be quite and experience. LOL
          Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5144 users online. 340 members and 4804 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X