300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilarious Name

An Orleans Parish judge on Thursday sentenced Delloyd Rayfield, 24, to 49 1/2 years in prison for the 2007 attempted murder of a documentary filmmaker whom he helped lure to an abandoned apartment at the Iberville public housing development.

For nearly killing his victim with eight shots, including one to the back of the head, Rayfield received a near-life sentence.

A jury convicted Rayfield in April of trying to kill Kevin McGrath, 38, of Maryland, who was in New Orleans working on a documentary about Hurricane Katrina victims when he awoke from his last night on Bourbon Street inside an apartment filled with gun-toting young men.

At Criminal District Court on Friday, Judge Camille Buras gave Rayfield the maximum sentence under Louisiana law for having nearly killed an unarmed hostage as he tried to run away.

McGrath was shot eight times -- including once to the back of the head -- while trying to escape, Assistant District Attorney Margaret Parker said.

Rayfield went in for the kill, prosecutors said, placing the .45-caliber handgun against McGrath's temple and pulling the trigger, only to realize he had run out of ammunition.

Police responded to reports of gunshots fired inside the Iberville complex, which abuts the French Quarter, and found McGrath left for dead near a trash container. He regained consciousness three days later.

Robbers stole about $1,000 from McGrath in the form of cash and illegal purchases from his credit cards.

McGrath testified that he remembered Rayfield as "the mean one, " who kept hounding him at gunpoint for secret code to a corporate business card -- a code McGrath said he didn't have.

Police chased down and arrested Rayfield, shirtless, in a courtyard of the Iberville where he was trying to hide. The pistol was found during the chase, police said.

At his trial, Rayfield testified that he had nothing to do with the attack, along with his sister, Marijuana Rayfield, who said he couldn't have been involved in the crime that morning.
    Source

Can anybody top that one?
    In Memory of A Fallen Hero

Incredible story...dopey name on the sisters part. I'm all for the whole unique name thing but marijuana?

Comment

I'm by no means a religious zealot; fact is, I seldom attend a church, for reasons I will keep to myself. But what I have always wondered; am I the only one who believes Hurricane Katrina could very well have been another Soddam and Gomorrah?
      Never make a drummer mad- we beat things for a living!

Comment

I went to school with a girl that everyone called Marijuana, but of course her actual name was Mary Jane!

We also had a guy named Hero. I'm not sure if he was named after someone courageous or named after a sandwich.

I come from a family that has somewhat ... 'creative' names, so i won't say any more! lol
        "Of course America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up."

Comment

Originally posted by DMS 525 View Post
          I'm by no means a religious zealot; fact is, I seldom attend a church, for reasons I will keep to myself. But what I have always wondered; am I the only one who believes Hurricane Katrina could very well have been another Soddam and Gomorrah?
          Well, if you want to correlate to Sodom and Gomorrah, you better move far away from San Fransisco....

Katrina didn't accomplish much besides relocate all of the thugs to Atlanta...

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post

Katrina didn't accomplish much besides relocate all of the thugs to Atlanta...
            Don't forget Houston...

Comment

uhhhh, nevermind

Comment

Does a mother who names their new born Oven count?

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

I worked Compton, I got a few......

Orangejello and her sister Lemonjello. How about a man named Asti Spumanti

In another city I ran a car that came back registered to a Bich Ho, the RTO had a heck of a time reading that off over the air.
                  Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

^^^ LMAO bich ho

Comment

Originally posted by mdrdep View Post
                      I worked Compton, I got a few......

Orangejello and her sister Lemonjello. How about a man named Asti Spumanti

In another city I ran a car that came back registered to a Bich Ho, the RTO had a heck of a time reading that off over the air.
                      Good lord.........

CrossFit

RossTraining

Comment

A cooperating agency has an officer Richard Head (no joke)...and he doesn't like to be called Dick.

I had a 'customer' in my area for a while named Dick Fitz.
                        The opinions expressed here are from the individual only and do not represent the view of any agency that the poster may be affiliated with

Comment

Originally posted by Nessmuk View Post
                          A cooperating agency has an officer Richard Head (no joke)...and he doesn't like to be called Dick.

I had a 'customer' in my area for a while named Dick Fitz.
                          I knew a gal whose last name was Head. And this poor gal in my High School class; her last name was Horney.

Comment

Or worse! A used car dealer whose name is DICK WITHUM. (Say it a couple of times to yourself, and you'll get the idea).

Comment

I had a school teacher tell of a student she had to call to the desk and ask how to say his name......I will spell it as two words but keep in mind it was one.....
                              Shi thead....Mommy really loved that kid uh.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7490 users online. 438 members and 7052 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X