X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phillygirl
    replied
    Originally posted by Niteshift:
    Popup stopper is a tiny program. All it does is prevent another browser window from being opened unless you press the shift or control key.
    Oh man, I wish I had known about pressing the shift or control key. Popup stopper drove me crazy because I couldn't open multiple browser windows when I needed to. I thought it was an IE defense against users trying to delete popup ads. So I installed it. gak! I guess I'll give it another go. Thanks for that tidbit!

Kate

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    "Pop-up blocking software just consumes system resources and those things are usually buggy as heck."

Popup stopper is a tiny program. All it does is prevent another browser window from being opened unless you press the shift or control key. I've been using it over a year and haven't had a bit of problem with it.

The whole X10 thing doesn't work if you erase your cookies, like I do regularly.

Leave a comment:

• Wilbret
    replied
    All you have to do is edit the DAY number in that URL, and you can set it for as long as you wish:
    This one should work for a year: http://www.x10.com/home/optout.cgi?D...om/x10ads1.htm

I highly advise clearing your cookies regularly anyway, so the 30-day cookie isn't really an issue. Pop-up blocking software just consumes system resources and those things are usually buggy as heck.

Leave a comment:

• JKT
    replied
    I use "Naviscope". Works great, and you can tell when the 'net is "hung up".

Naviscope

Free download, and works like it says.

Leave a comment:

• Royce
    replied
    I use the Ad-aware 5.0, I heard about the X10 ad thing on TechTv, but never gave it a try, maybe I will now.

[ 05-30-2002: Message edited by: Royce ]

Leave a comment:

• universitycop02
    replied
    I use Popup-Killer and No Adware and they kickass.

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    Just get the popup stopper Dave linked to in another thread. It's free, downloads and installs fast and works GREAT!. I've been using it for about a year.

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    Make sure we bump this one to the top every 30 days so I don't forget!!!

Leave a comment:

• Niteshift
    replied
    The problem with that is that it expires and you have to never erase your cookies during that time period.

The pop-up stopper works great.

Leave a comment:

• occiferdave
    started a topic Tired of those X10 Pop-up ads?

Tired of those X10 Pop-up ads?

Here's a link to get rid of those ads..

NO MORE X10 ADS

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4722 users online. 319 members and 4403 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X