300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My department gets serious/New Highway Unit Dodge Challenger R/Ts are in

My dept (Broward Co SO) just took delivery of 4 slick top gun metal gray Dodge Challenger R/Ts for use in the Highway Unit. Rumor has it my agency will be changing our pursuit policy to match that of Florida Highway Patrol..which is you run we will pursue.
    Attached Files

ok, that's just bad ***

Comment

nice, what's the emergency lighting like?
      "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Orwell

Comment

Will you all be doing ride alongs
        Last edited by Taylor13; 07-31-2009, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Ride A Longs are avail at the districts on road patrol, not on specialty units unless its COPS or some sort of VIPs. And yes the SMART cars for FLL airport also just came out but they are only for civilian traffic aides not deputy sheriffs.

Comment

Are they available to 14 year olds? I know some people...

Comment

thats awesome.. id love to have something fast like that.. i think the smart is cool too though.. lol good pr tool

Comment

Sweet ride! Any pics with the lights going?

Comment

Nice! My department is stuck with the Impalas and a few crown vics...

Comment

Originally posted by blackstang View Post
                    Sweet ride! Any pics with the lights going?
                    AZ lawdog asked the same thing..unfortunatley these cars are being hidden like a SEALs team so far...most of out 08-09 patrol cars (Charger RTs and Crown Vics) come with Federal Signal Smart Siren control heads/sirens and LED all blue light bars and strobe packages.

I would safely assume that the Highway Challengers would be equipped with Federal Signal gear as well and have lights everywhere...I will keep my eyes peeled though

Comment

Sweeeeeet. I wish we had the roads for one of those bad boys.

Comment

I sat on one when picking up the Dodge Journey, of course it gave flash backs of 70s retro muscle. 5.5sec 0-60 170mph top speed, which will do well against rice racers, but a Fudd in a Cadillac CTS-V will get to 60mph in 3.9sec, and top out at 191 MPH. Funny world we live in when the worlds fastest production 4 door car is a Cadillac.

Comment

SWEET! I love the look of that car. Now you need a couple of Camaros to go with them.
                          If I tell you what I know, I'd have to kill you. Fortunately, I don't know much.

Comment

Originally posted by jannino View Post
                            ok, that's just bad ***
                            I second the bad assness. Do we have a quorum?
                            Last edited by OrlandoExp103; 06-20-2009, 07:40 AM.
                            When passenger of foot heave in sight, tootle the horn. Trumpet him melodiously at first, but if he still obstacles your passage then tootle him with vigor.

Comment

NICE! More pics please.
                              RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4271 users online. 271 members and 4000 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X