X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Dies from Breathing Own Farts

From Strangecosmos:

"Man Dies from Breathing Own Farts

A terrible diet and room with no ventilation are being blamed for the death of a man who was killed by his own gas. There was no mark on his body but an autopsy showed large amounts of methane gas in his system. His diet had consisted primarily of beans and cabbage (and a couple of other things). It was just the right combination of foods. It appears that the man died in his sleep from breathing the poisonous cloud that was hanging over his bed. Had he been outside or had his windows been opened, it wouldn't have been fatal, but the man was shut up in his near airtight bedroom. According to the article, "He was a big man with a huge capacity for creating 'this deadly gas.'" Three of the rescuers got sick and one was hospitalized."

Moral of the story is: if yer gonna eat beans, keep the bedroom window open at night.

Poor old geezer.
    [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Is this a myth or what?

Education is nothing without experience to back it up.

Comment

nk Stone. I don't see how that could be real. Couls be I'm wrong though. If it's true, it's hillarious. Heck of a way to go though. Interesting funeral to go to.
      Law abiding citizens sleep peacefully in their beds solely because dedicated men and women stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

Supposedly, it's true (from Bloomburg News Service), apparently it was a Darwin Award nominee. Check out this link for Madison County EMS page. Nominee # 5

http://www.talweb.com/redlimey/mems/darwin.htm
        [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Check out Number 4.

Police said that a lawyer, demonstrating the safety of windows in a downtown Toronto skyscraper, crashed through a pane with his shoulder and plunged 24 floors to his death. A police spokesman stated that he had been explaining the strength of the windows to a group of visiting law students when he threw himself against the glass. The managing partner told the Toronto Sun newspaper that the deceased was "on e of the best and brightest" member of the 200-man association.

I know he was a human being, and it's not funny that he died, but I laughed my *** off after reading that!

Comment

Best and brightest, eh? Mental note...if I'm in the need for legal representation, don't go THERE!

Comment

Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated.

Comment

hmmmm I wonder how many other lawyers we can get to throw themselves out their windows to fall to their deaths? Maybe tape $100 dollar bills to the outside of the windows? LOL

Klar
                Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Wonder what will be on his tombstone.
                  Stay safe and watch your back. Survived Katrina. Now a Official member of the Chocolate City Police.

Comment

The lawyer story is true, the man dying because of farts is not!

Retired
                    Retired

Comment

Wonder what will be on his tombstone
                      PEPPERONI!

Comment

Retired, how do you know this? This would be very possible, if all of the circumnstances mentioned were correct. Farts are almost entirely methane (which explains why they blow up when you light them on fire) If one were to fart continuously in a poorly ventilated room for years and years, it is quite possible to die of methane poisoning.

Tex
                        KD5HQD

Comment

A few years back I worked as a security officer at the county nursing home. I worked the Midnight to eight.

I used to dread sauerkraut night!

Comment

When my wife was pregnant with our first child, I would nearly die while we were in bed. Who would have ever thought a young pregnant woman could let out some of the worst smelling odors ever?
                            RADAR is the 8th wonder of the world.

Comment

kd5hqd,

Originally posted by kd5hqd:
                              Retired, how do you know this? This would be very possible, if all of the circumnstances mentioned were correct. Farts are almost entirely methane (which explains why they blow up when you light them on fire) If one were to fart continuously in a poorly ventilated room for years and years, it is quite possible to die of methane poisoning.

Tex
                              KD5HQD
                              Because I am still an excellent investigator, and know how to separate truth from fiction!

P.S. How do you know they blow up when you set them on fire?

Retired

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: retired ]
                              Retired

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6011 users online. 364 members and 5647 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X