300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My FORD probs, pt. 2....

Since first posted, my 2001 F150 has been in the shop 5 times for the 'Service Engine Soon' light coming on.

The first time it was 'repaired', it was supposedly due to a faulty EGR, which was replaced. The light came back on.

Then I was told it was because the solenoids(something to do witht he light/computer, etc) needed replaced. The light came back on.

Then the guy tells me that THEIR computer isn't communicating with my F150's onboard computer.

For the past 2 days, it has been at ANOTHER Ford dealership. NOW I'm told the computer is telling the service technicians that the engine is misfiring on 2 cylinders.

If I read my owner's manual correctly, the 'Service Engine Soon' light is supposed to FLASH when that happens. Mine has been in a constant 'ON'.

And I've put almost 1,600 miles on this engine AFTER being told 'It's probably not important.'?!?!?!

IF it HAS INDEED been misfiring all this time, WHAT DAMAGE could have conceivably been done to my truck's engine...and what SHOULD I do?
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

I had an Explorer that kept doing that...it was the oxygen sensors(2) and the mass airflow sensor. All 3 had to be replaced over a 1 year period.

Comment

well, sence you ask get a chevy! quick fast and in a hurry! just jokeing i owned a ford once it was a real good truck till it went of that bridge. [Eek!]

Comment

The dealrship NOW says they want to pull the intake manifold. Oh, yeah....they offered to RENT me a car while they 'fix' mine.

Under Tennessee's 'Lemon Law', my situation already qualifies for arbitration to commence.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

ARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called and checked on the status of my truck....again, today. When asked to give me an estimate on 'when' my truck would be 'fixed', the service manager couldn't do it! I was told that they were STILL 'in conference' with FORD in Detroit about 'what might be wrong' with my truck.

MOPARs are looking better every day.......

Comment

I'm losing interest in buying a Mustang ...

Comment

I told you what to do Shooter.

Comment

Fix Or Repair Daily!

Ditch the POS and get a Chevy!!!!

Comment

My take home car is a Ford Taurus. The check engine light has been on the last 40,000 miles. I listen for the engine, it is running, so I have checked the engine. When I turn it in for maintenance it goes out for a couple of days.

Comment

Many times the software is more sensitive then it needs to be. The engineers who designed the software code use estimates and test data on a range of normal conditions the engine parameter being read will supposedly operate under. If the engine data falls outside that range, the computer will set a diagnostic trouble code, turning the check engine light on.

Many times the engineers can't get the engine to operate within these narrow windows of performance goals, so the they have to relax the software. You may want to consider suggesting to the "idiots" you are dealing with that you heard that they could "flash" the computer with different programming that would not be as sensitive and not cause the check engine light to come on.

Or, they might have a new computer(read one that is not as sensitive to that parameter) that can make the problem go away.

A good customer had his 99 explorer continully have the check engine light come on, and when I would scan it, the code would be with the engine misfire detector, yet the engine appeared to run as smooth as silk. The car dealer told him they fixed it by ordering a "special" computer.

Hope this helps.

[ 09-04-2002, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: MikeTx ]

Comment

MikeTX...

Copied and printed out....will call the dealership tomorrow.

Comment

When I had my 2000 ford F150 I put 10,000 miles on it and never had a single problem with it. It had that tritan V8 4.6 motor so I was happy with it. I would see what the dealership says and if the answer is not satifactory I would go go the route of the lemon law and get it replaced.

Klar
                        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3380 users online. 192 members and 3188 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X