Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you be if you weren't in LE?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would you be if you weren't in LE?

Sooo...where or what would you be doing right now if you didn't have a career in Law Enforcement? Are there other career paths you have thought about pursuing?
    Dance like no one's watching -- Sing like no one's listening, and work like you don't need the money.

I always knew I wanted to be in LE. I remember back in High School, we had to write essays and stuff and I always did mine on some type of LE topic. I never changed my mind like all of my fellow students. However, I have also always wanted to go into the Air Force and fly helicopters. I love riding in them and think it would be great to fly them.
    In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

Afganistan/Special Forces "A" team member

or...

Afganistan, wearing dark glasses, civillian clothes, and going by the name: "Fred Garvin."

[ 08-29-2002, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]
      People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Afganistan, wearing dark glasses, civillian clothes, and going by the name: "Fred Garvin."

LMAO!!! I don't think Afghanistan would be a good place for a male prostitute...Then again you never know...
        Bill R

Comment

If I'd hade the eyesight (pre-lasik), I would have been a military pilot like dear ole' dad.

I majored in Geological Engineering for one year then realized I could make more money being a cop like some of my friends than what graduating G.E. were making at that time and it seemed more fun.

Now days, if I could do anything, I would own a little ma and pa furniture/clock making business on some desolate two lane highway going in and out of some National Forest somewhere (Missouri probably) and selling my stuff to tourist with more money than sense.

Comment

I was planning on a military career, also. I'd served my time as an EM and then went to school on the GI Bill. I was all set to go back in as a newly minted 0-1 when the service branch I'd trained for was disbanded. There was nothing else like it available, so I signed up with the PD to bide my time 'til something better came along.

I guess I'm still biding.

[ 08-29-2002, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: Dinosaur ]

Comment

I would have stuck with my original MOS in the Army as helicopter mechanic and eventually aspired to be crew chief or even pilot. Or I would have stayed in as an MP and retired.

Comment

quote:
                I was all set to go back in as a newly minted 0-1 when the service branch I'd trained for was disbanded.
                Yeah, but you still get those royalty checks from Alexandre Dumas, so you've got THAT going from you...

Get it, as in... The Three Musketeers, 17th Century...

Luv ya Dino...mean it! [Wink]

quote:
                LMAO!!! I don't think Afghanistan would be a good place for a male prostitute...Then again you never know...
                Always loved that name-if nothing else than for a "pseudoname" when needed-based on that skit on SNL...

[ 08-29-2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]

Comment

Dave...

I know the sig line, but I can't place it. Can you refresh my memory?

Comment

Yeah, I got it, Dave!

I always liked Darlene better than Annette. though. Wonder what became of her?

Comment

SLAWDog: (BTW, I had a SLAWDOG today...best ever...and I don't even like them!)

At my first FT agency, we used to have a T-shirt made every summer, almost like a "commemorative" T-shirt, and it was ONLY available to department members and a SELECT HAND PICKED few of others. Some of the others that SOMETIMES were privilidged enough to get one given to them were a FEW officers with other departments that had exemplified themselves in assisting us with bad calls, riots, etc., or demonstrated duties above and beyond the call of duty at any of the annual "Chief's Parties" ( [Eek!] )and a few exotic dancers, but we're not here to talk about THAT, so I digress!

Anyway, that was the design on the one they had made the summer I came onboard with them. The Captain designed it, and to be honest, I thought he came up with it own his own. If it is from somewhere else, then I wasn't aware of it.

The T-shirt is LOOOONG gone (1987!) but I still have the refrigerator magnet we had made off the design!

Also, on a cool side note, the next year (being that Vietnam was a popular subject for movies and TV shows like Platoon, Hamburger Hill, China Beach and Tour Of Duty) and we had so many ex-military guys, the guys bastardized the name of our town to sound like a ville in SE Asia, and made the infamous "Headhunter" shirts, and they came only in black.

They were VERY striking, with the silver Asian letters and silhouette of a head, and the...uhmmm...wording on them. (I know the ACLU is adding to it's file on me as we speak... )

A few weeks later, one of the deputies we had gave one to gratus assisted in a large marijuana eradication, and low and behold, a news crew was present. There he was, being interviewed, "LIVE AT FIVE" wearing the Long Cong Headhunters Shirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boy, I miss those days... [Frown]

Comment

Ask for a simple damn answer and we go on about slaw dogs and strippers! Hmmm....slaw dogs and strippers....sounds like Bike Weeks at the Cabbage Patch [Eek!] !

Slaw dogs ROCK, don't they?

It sounded familiar, but I could be wrong.

Comment

I'd still be a hairstylist. I'd have fewer hours, better pay and I would be my own boss.

But I wouldnt be happy.
                          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

If I would have applied myself in school, I would have been a transport pilot for the Air Force, and probably be with airlines by now.
                            Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Gynocologist
                              Steve

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2656 users online. 182 members and 2474 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X