X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another imposter, in Ohio this time

Cop Impersonator Arrested After Calling For Backup
    Friday, May 15, 2009 6:09 PM

ONTARIO, Ohio — A man who investigators said was impersonating a police officer was arrested when officers caught him in the act, 10TV News reported Friday.

The most recent incident occurred about two weeks ago when Fred Heitzman, also known as known as Clyde, tried to pull a woman over.

Sophia Toney said she did not feel safe stopping, so she called police who told her to meet an actual officer at a nearby parking lot, 10TV's Glenn McEntyre reported.

"He had a spotlight on the side of his car like police officers do," Toney said. "When he turned on the rotating light that's when I thought I was in trouble."

Heitzman called the police department and asked for backup.

"This is Fred. Can you have a marked unit meet me at the foot of the bridge?" Heitzman told the dispatcher.

"What police department are you from?" the dispatcher said.

"Um, auxiliary patrol," Heitzman answered.

"From where?" the dispatcher asked.

"Auxiliary state patrol," Heitzman said.

"He is portraying himself as a police officer, which he is not in any shape or form," said Ontario police officer Jason Day.

Pictures from the Ontario police department show Heitzman's pretend police cruiser, fully equipped with lights in the front and back windshields, McEntyre reported.

Heitzman was arrested when an officer was sent to meet Toney in a parking lot. His car was impounded.

Heitzman was charged in two incidents in which police said he pulled over women for traffic violations. In both cases, police said he asked for ID, told the drivers to do better and then let them go.

"I think he believes that he's just doing his part to keep the roadways safe," Day said. "Leave law enforcement to the professionals."

Stay with 10TV News and 10TV.com for more information.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/loc...r.html?sid=102

Check out the pics of his ride in the slideshow...
    Originally posted by Smurfette_76
    Might not pass an AIDS test, but HEY...they look nice in uniform.

um er um..auxiliary..patrol?
    In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Wow what an idiot ! he calls the real deal for backup.....

That guys ride is a real POS !
      sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

sorry, I would never stop for an unmarked unit like that.

Comment

hey... the guy's tryin... there's a hiring freeze right now. Geeeeez....

Comment

Originally posted by Looker View Post
            hey... the guy's tryin... there's a hiring freeze right now. Geeeeez....
            And to think, he's out doing it for free. What a wonderful public volunteer.

Comment

What a beat up piece of S*&^ car. I dont know of many depts. that would have a car like that on the road. ...

Comment

Originally posted by 2971511 View Post
                What a beat up piece of S*&^ car. I dont know of many depts. that would have a car like that on the road. ...
                You obviously have never seen some unmarked cars in NYC, especially in Bed Sty or East New York.
                sigpic

I'm the gatekeeper, are you the keymaster?

Servicing what feels like one giant Mental Hospital......... going on 3 years.

Comment

Come just how big an equipment budget do you think the aux. highway patrol has.

Comment

Red and white lights..........

Comment

Has there ever been a study on why there will always be people impersonating law enforcement?

Comment

Originally posted by damode1985 View Post
                        Has there ever been a study on why there will always be people impersonating law enforcement?
                        It's because it doesn't make any sense to impersonate a fireman!

Comment

What a beat up CV hes got.
                          RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

Impersonator

Don't law enforcement vehicles use blue lights (or at least blue & red) in Ohio?

We had a rash of 'impersonator' incidents here in VA recently (where LEOs use blue or blue & red lights), and the chap was using red lights on his Crown Vic as well. Doh!

Then again, I guess most people assume that any "flashing light" other than yellow must be the po-po.

Last edited by VA Dutch; 05-19-2009, 06:33 PM.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

Pahahahahaha, what an idiot............

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7007 users online. 392 members and 6615 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X