300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's Golden Gate Bridge Protest

I got a kick when I heard about this. Here's an excerpt from yesterday's Oakland Tribune about an anti-war protest that took place on Saturday on the Golden Gate Bridge.

nullBystanders, tourists and motorists greeted the march with as many one-fingered salutes as two-fingered peace signs.

To read the whole article go to: http://www.oaklandtribune.com/Storie...636057,00.html

Nice arrest photograph at this site:
    http://www.commondreams.org/headlines02/0526-06.htm

We haven't heard from H8criminals lately. I wonder if he got to see the show in person?

Being a cop in the Bay Area can be entertaining.

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: LeeRoy ]
    If you see me running try to keep up!

And since they picked the Golden Gate, they all deserved a Golden Shower! In other words, P*** on them!

Quote from the photo caption:
    Police arrest a man who identified himself as Raife Secret Squirrel, 19, of San Francisco on the Golden Gate Bridge yesterday. More than 30 were held at an anti-war rally that led to a backup miles long. Chronicle photo by Lacy Atkins

Point #1-He's not a "man" he's a MALE (at best!) or a little boy with big dreams. I object to the use of the term "man" as that conveys a stipulation of maturity he does not possess.

Point#2- Raife Secret Squirrel? That's funny! I'll bet all his little friends think he's a hero for obstructing lawful authority...I'll bet they think that really frustrates the police.

Can you say "John Doe"? Can you say "No Bond"? I sure can... The paperwork is a lot simpler and goes much quicker that way.

Buttmunchers.

People have more fun than anybody.

Comment

Dave, I can tell you are holding back wayyy tooooo much. Either say what you are thinking, or practice those deep breathing exercises to keep the old blood pressure down.

Comment

I knoooowwww... If I keep holding back, you'll hear the stroke down there!

Comment

i agree with SGT Dave, im tired of these anti-war protests... im sure 99% of us on here agree with bombing the hell out of afghanistan. im righteously ****ed over the sept. 11th attacks, and whenever i see some sawed-off ***** with a protest sign, it makes me want to pull over, grab the sign, beat them with it, then shove it up their rear... unfortunately that aint legal, so i honk and give em the finger

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: LoneGunman ]
          computers allow humans to make mistakes faster than any other invention... well, except handguns and tequila

Comment

Pesonally I'm glad that people can still publically protest something they don't agree with. I may not agree with their opinion, but I sure am glad they have the right to do it!

Retired
            Retired

Comment

retired-

I DO agree with you-that our country IS the greatest because of it's vast freedoms, but I guess I can sum up my opinions by saying that just because it's legal, and I recognize their right to disagree and or LAWFULLY protest, doesn't mean I want to hear it, see it, or feel any respect for them. I'm sure you have dealt with folks and took reports from people that you SECRETLY felt were idiots, and deserved every bit of what they got. I sure have.

To all, I would add that there are millions of Americans today who have the RIGHT to be citizens, and I will protect them and serve them to the best of my ability, even though MY PERSONAL OPINION of them is that they have less worth than the grease under the fingernails of an 80 year old WWII veteran.

And...it seems it's getting worse.

Comment

War protests? What war protests?
                Remembering the drain plug really improves the boats performance and reduces panic among your passengers.

Comment

They have the right to protest, but they have absolutely no right to obstruct the movement of traffic. Freedom of speech only extends as far as the edge of the pavement. These Communist hippies should have to not only pay for the police response, the cost of jailing and feeding them, but also for the costs to the people who actually have jobs and contribute to society and had to detour because of the anti-American protestors.

I'm sick of idiots who have no clue about how the world actually works spouting their 40-year old rhetoric that if we just give Osama a hug, he'll love us. When in doubt, bomb 'em.
                  Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

I'm with retired.

Wow, I do miss San Francisco.
                    [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

Briiiiiing it, Brit chik...

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: SGT Dave ]

Comment

Originally posted by blondie72:
                        I'm with retired.
                        Me too. i like people who think differently than i do; i have learned alot from them.

As long as they dont purposely offend me, call me names, or act like i'm an idiot because my opinions differ from theirs.

Not saying i agree with breaking the law, but i'm sure people are arrested when they do, and are willing to pay that price.

[ 05-28-2002: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm with you 100% Jellybean.

I don't see that there's anything wrong with peaceful protest. As long as it doesn't include the destruction of property.

I can also see where some of these peace protestors are coming from. Some people do not feel that their views are being represented by this administration, so they make their voices heard by protest. Some people would prefer a diplomatic solution. Some people genuinely believe that escalated violence is not the solution to violence.

*Note I am not stating my personal opnion on this matter. As I have stated before....I am too lazy to be fightin' about it*

I am merely saying that simply because someone has different opinion, this does not make them unworthy of respect, or un- American.
                          [email protected] "Where there is love, there is no imposition"- Albert Einstien.

Comment

By SGT Dave: "Briiiiiing it, Brit chik..."

Ahhhh, but you know I don't like to fight with you, honey.

Unless you mean 'bring it' in a kinky sense...in that case, you bring the handcuffs, and i'll bring the sexy toys and undies.

Comment

Where else but in America does a person have the right to protest against the methods used to gain those rights???
                              "Public service is not just a job.
                              It is an act of citizenship."
                              ---G.W. Bush

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6234 users online. 344 members and 5890 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X