300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Little Input Please?

Over the years I have compiled a list of free websites containing listings for vacant law enforcement positions throughout the country and a few in other countries.

I have also compiled a list of online manuals and documents dealing with things like how oral boards work, what they look for and how an applicant should be rated; how background are conducted, including what the BI can and can't do; what law enforcement medical standards are and the logic behind their formulation; and what the shrink looks for during the psych. All of these items are public record and nothing is a state secret.

Having more free time on my hands than is healthy, I have put all this information together in a website. It's nothing fancy. In fact, it's a PITA to work with because if I make a mistake, it doesn't allow me to rearrange things and put them in a different order.

In any case, I would appreciate it if a few of you would take a look at it, catch any typos or other mistakes and let me know if you think it would be of benefit to the newbie applicants that come to o.com. It can be found at http://home.rr.com/lejobhelp

Thanks,

L-1
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

You could add this to your links:

http://www.vcjtc.state.vt.us/job.htm

Comment

Good information. No typing errors jumped out at me. On your ads page, you could link these two sites:

CALEA
      Sworn and Support employment opportunities with accreditated law enforcement agencies (6 opportunies currently posted).

Despite it being general, some departments advertise with Monster.com--they currently list dozens of police officer openings.
      The Blog: Slam Dunks

Comment

I did not see an individual link for this site:

http://www.post.ca.gov/Hiring/Job_Opportunities/

I am certain that most states who have P.O.S.T. will also have a link to jobs that are available.

Are you going to allow free access or pay as you play for your site?
        Last edited by SgtCHP; 05-08-2009, 07:19 AM.
        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

IADLEST has links to each of the state POST organizations. Their site also has a few jobs listed, mostly instructor positions.

Comment

Originally posted by VTlawman View Post
            You could add this to your links:

http://www.vcjtc.state.vt.us/job.htm
            It's been added. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by slamdunk View Post
              Good information. No typing errors jumped out at me. On your ads page, you could link these two sites:

CALEA
              Sworn and Support employment opportunities with accreditated law enforcement agencies (6 opportunies currently posted).

Despite it being general, some departments advertise with Monster.com--they currently list dozens of police officer openings.
              Its been added. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP View Post
                I did not see an individual link for this site:

http://www.post.ca.gov/Hiring/Job_Opportunities/

I am certain that most states who have P.O.S.T. will also have a link to jobs that are available.

Are you going to allow free access or pay as you play for your site?
                It's there under California POST Job Bank.

I have added a link to other state's POST Commissions.

Access is free. I can't charge for linking to other websites that are free.

Comment

Originally posted by Wile E. Coyote View Post
                  IADLEST has links to each of the state POST organizations. Their site also has a few jobs listed, mostly instructor positions.
                  Link added. Thanks.

Comment

Great start. Very readable, easy to navigate.

Comment

Rooks great Officer, just great...................

God, what happened?????
                      Originally posted by mookster
                      Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                      Originally posted by CityCopDC
                      I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                      Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                      I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                      -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12319 users online. 558 members and 11761 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X