300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Least favorite vacation spot

I mentioned in another thread how I dislike Tennessee. My family wants me to move there and I told them not for all the money in the world. Don't get me wrong - it's a BEAUTIFUL state. The scenery is breathtaking, but I can't live on scenery alone.

Get this - I did get to meet not one, but two real live rednecks!! Just think, if I had met 30 more, that would have been a whole set of teeth!

And do you know how hard it is to find a Catholic church in Tennessee? OMG! My mom and my aunt tried to convince me to go to some Holy Roller church with them and I politely declined. I told them I'd drive into town and find a Catholic church. THAT was adventure in itself.

I saw a PO parked on the side of the road looking bored as could be, so I thought who better to ask to point me in the direction of where I could find the church.

I pull up and ask where I could find a Catholic church anywhere in the area. He had a hard time understanding me so I spoke slower (a Jersey accent is NOT that hard to understand). I was waiting to hear "Over yonder" or "there's one right down the road" (which usually means 50 miles down the road). He really was very nice and very helpful. He pointed me in the direction of the nearest city, but I never did make it to church because the tranny died in my rental car, and I had to wait almost four hours for the rental company to bring me out another one.

Any experiences that any of you would like to share? I'm dying to hear...

I love Boston. Beautiful city.

Drove up there two years ago to visit some friends at Emerson. I was going to stay at their dorm overlooking Boston Common.

Got completely lost once inside the city (this was after a 12-hour drive ... got lost in NJ and took two naps). Pulled up to an LEO to ask directions.

I could not understand one WORD he said. He had the Boston accent so thick I would've needed a knife to make heads or tails out of it. After a few (failed) attempts at communication, I said "thank you" and kept driving.

I eventually found my way to the Commons.

Comment

How about most third world countries. I have no sense of adventure and even if I did my wife wouldn't go with me.

There are plenty of places left to explore in Canada, Western Europe, and the good old USA.
      If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

Speaking of weird cop experiences:

I was visiting relatives in Michigan with my mom, and we got very lost in the downtown of Flint. We drove around for almost an hour, then we finally saw a police car sitting in a parking lot. We parked and walked to the cruiser and my mom politely explained to the PO that we were seriously lost and were looking for blah blah street. Well, the PO in the driver's seat looked at his partner, then back at us and said: "Well, that makes four of us! We're lost too!"

Turns out they were supposed to be there for some training or something and were just as lost as we were!
        If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

"Least favorite vacation spot"

ANYWHERE IN CALIFORNIA!
          6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Don:
            "Least favorite vacation spot"
            ANYWHERE IN CALIFORNIA!
            Pheww!! Good thing you didn't say TEXAS!

Hmmm.. Least favorite vacation spot... I guess that would have to be Kansas.
            " Life's disappointments are harder to take when you don't know any swear words." - Calvin

Comment

I'm not crazy about the South. sorry, southerners. (altho i know you dont want Yankees there anyway )

i can stand Florida in the winter, but its still too hot and muggy for me, as is AL, LA, and MS. took a trip with the ex-husband to visit his transplanted parents in Long Beach, MS. YUKKK. hot, muggy, buggy, and snakey. Biloxi wasnt too bad. its just when you dont like heat, they're not the states to be in.

we also drove to Mardi Gras, where we drank wayyy too much, i drove back to Long Beach (not smart i know), pulling over all the way home so hubby could puke. which he kept doing all nite; his dad swore someone had poisoned him LOL

my ex-mother-in-law was also drunk, and feeding my cocker spaniel Doritos and chewing gum (honest)...which she proceeded to throw up all over the bed (which was his parents )

i guess that was my trip from he!!. the only good thing about it was the male/female strip club

[ 05-27-2002: Message edited by: jellybean40 ]
              "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

Rock Hill, SC...... the Porter Motel to be exact.

Comment

Is that one of those that you rent "by the hour?"
                  6P1 (retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Niteshift:
                    Rock Hill, SC...... the Porter Motel to be exact.
                    Oh pray tell Shifty. Don't leave us hanging like that.
                    If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

It was the home to the BIGGEST cockroaches I've EVER seen!!!

You know how you check under the bed before you leave to make sure nothing got shoved under, like a shirt or some socks? Not there! Brother, they can keep whatever went under that bed.

Then there was the scum in the pool.......and I don't mean just the married cousins and their 12 pack.

Motel Hell, all the way.

Comment

Least favorite vacation spot???

HOME

Comment

OK since nobody said it here it goes, the rustic mountain cabin in Kabul, Afganistan

Comment

New Jersey
                            Bill R

Comment

Last edited by Frank Booth; 12-26-2003, 09:30 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5562 users online. 353 members and 5209 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X