Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Store Shootout: Security Guard (off-duty cop) vs armed robbers.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Store Shootout: Security Guard (off-duty cop) vs armed robbers.

This was sent to me today from a co-worker. I know it's from 2008 but since I've never seen it, I thought I'd pass it along.

Awesome job by the officer.

That was intense..amazing that he got out of that alive. I was surprised he was able to get up and shoot the guy without him even firing a shot. Great job though..I bet they wouldn't have tried to rob that place again if they had not been caught.

1 question: Would what you learn in training tell you to get rid of the gun from the guy you shot incase he was not dead?
    yeah!

Comment

Amazing job on his part, he was aggressive and calm, and made all the right choices. My only concern would be the first shooter. When he exited the safe area the shooter was still moving around, and I don't think he took his gun away.
      "If you have to justify to yourself, or others why what you're doing isn't wrong; it is."

Comment

Originally posted by Prov1x View Post
        That was intense..amazing that he got out of that alive. I was surprised he was able to get up and shoot the guy without him even firing a shot. Great job though..I bet they wouldn't have tried to rob that place again if they had not been caught.

1 question: Would what you learn in training tell you to get rid of the gun from the guy you shot incase he was not dead?
        I can only speak from what I've learned from military training, but your first priority after putting someone down is to make sure there are no other threats. Had I been in his shoes, I would not have wasted time and let my guard down by trying to grab the weapon away from a downed shooter, because I knew there were other guys just outside the room as well. I'd be more concerned about having to react to them than a guy I just put two rounds center mass at point blank range into. My $00.02

Comment

OUTSTANDING job, Sarge.
          sigpic
          Originally posted by Smurfette
          Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
          Originally posted by DAL
          You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Good job. (10 char)

Comment

wow, nice job. he looked like a smooth operator.

Comment

That man has a big pair of brass ones. Holy cow. Engaging an armed man who has a point blank shot lined up is a tremendous leap of faith that the robber will hesitate. I'm glad it worked out.
                **Not a LEO**

Comment

Awesome job by the Sergeant.
                  http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/l...pmark2-1-1.jpg

In Memoriam of Sgt. Mark Reynolds SSTrooper

http://www.therolladailynews.com/new...s?popular=true

Comment

Incredible footage, excellent job done by the SGT.

Comment

Originally posted by TimK View Post
                      That man has a big pair of brass ones. Holy cow. Engaging an armed man who has a point blank shot lined up is a tremendous leap of faith that the robber will hesitate. I'm glad it worked out.
                      Same thoughts.

Comment

Awesome job, but why did his uniform charge colors? One scene hes in tan, and the other it looks like a dark brown.
                        "Life is not about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving foward"- Rocky Balboa

Black Labs Matter!

Comment

Great job by the Sgt.

The color change is probably just from the settings on the cameras..
                          “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

McClain? Cool under stress.

Comment

Originally posted by shastadude16 View Post
                              I can only speak from what I've learned from military training, but your first priority after putting someone down is to make sure there are no other threats. Had I been in his shoes, I would not have wasted time and let my guard down by trying to grab the weapon away from a downed shooter, because I knew there were other guys just outside the room as well. I'd be more concerned about having to react to them than a guy I just put two rounds center mass at point blank range into. My $00.02
                              I spent 12yrs in the military Marine Corps Infantry and Army Airborne Infantry went to combat early in both wars with the 82nd Airborne. I can tell you first off Military and Law enforcement require two very different tactics. I was shocked at how much I had to switch from Military to LE. Secondly, I never heard of not getting weapons away from downed enemy. When we would assault a building or safe house or have a firefight as we passed the objective we kicked away weapons or even collected them depending on the time in the situation, but we didn't go past them without getting the weapon out of their reach. It's tactically unsound to shoot someone and walk past them with your back to them and they are still in possession of a deadly weapon. I seen far to many people from military and LE who get shot and continue on like nothing happened.
                              Ignored: Towncop, Pulicords, TacoMac, Ten08

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5154 users online. 313 members and 4841 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X