300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Work related pressure

Today is one of the most F'd up days for me here at work. Sometimes I wonder why I bother to show up at all (yeah yeah, it's the almighty dollar that keeps me here).

I always seem to take on more than I can muster, it seems. Today is no exception. I've taken on more responsibility, and quite frankly, I'm not sure I want it.

I went from doing data entry, which anyone can do, to better things, at least better in a sense that it will look good on my resume if and when I ever leave here. The more you learn, the more you know. The more you know, the further you can go with your career.

I needed something that was challenging, so I moved on to recons because it's all about using the brain and making important decisions. While I still do the recons, I STILL needed more, so I went right ahead and asked for it. I was offered the back-up supervisor position on my team and I took it.

I'm just so disgusted because we are EXTREMELY short handed. My best bud on my team left for a job closer to his home on Friday, we lost someone for 2-3 weeks for a medical condiditon, and I was just informed that two of our best keyers gave their two week notices today.

All this makes for more and more work for me, which means more and more pressure, which I am feeling big time today. The big boss is on my case, and me be a defiant PITA because I can only do so much, am here typing my *** off instead.

Ok, I feel so much better now. Thanks for letting me vent.

[ 08-28-2002, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: kateykakes ]

Come vent anytime you wish Katey if it allwos you to get some things off your mind and helps you then it is a good thing right?

Klar
    Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Thanks, klar. But ya know, sometimes after I type something like this, I wish I hadn't because then I feel *weak*, if that makes any sense at all. I should just suck it up and not let anything bother me at all, but I'm very serious about my work and I strive to do it better every day. I know I do quality work, but sometimes I overachieve and that's when I let it all get to me.

I need my vacation, damn it.

Comment

Katey,

I know how you feel, but I have no one to blame but myself for my current money woes. Thus, I am forced to work many an hour to pay ze bills ...
        [Frown]

Comment

It is normal to feel weak after getting something out and off your chest. It has to do with opening yourself up for that brief moment to let it all out. That does not mean that your weak or not able to do your job. It is human to show weakness at times and having the ability to get the pressure off yourself is a stress relief and a outlet to assist you in a much happier life. So while you may feel like your weak know that you are still who you are and noone can take that away from you.

Klar
          Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

Katey,

We need a vacation......lets check our schedules and figure something out. I was thinking Jamacia or Tahiti?? Wadda ya think??? We could.....um, work on our tans
            Steve

Comment

Steve,

I agree! Jamica sounds perfect. Will you rub suntan oil on my back? I'll do you if you do me. [Wink]

Comment

=)
                "Hope for the best and prepare for the worst."

Comment

I'll do you first (ladies first), then you can do me....then I'll do you again........then we can do each other at the same time....then [Wink]
                  Steve

Comment

OMG! You are so naughty! Now I know why I like you so much. [Wink]

Comment

Get a ROOM you two!

Comment

We're working on it. [Wink] We just thought we'd provide you with some quality entertainment first.

Comment

Entertainment is fine, afterwards just send me an copy of your "movie" and I'll be entertained for quite a while ...

Comment

I need a cigarette & I don't even smoke!

Comment

CiaJ,

Sorry, but that movie won't be available to the public.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3768 users online. 168 members and 3600 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X