• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    InSane1
    AKA:XENA Warrior Princess

• InSane1
    replied
    I'll never bitch about my 12.50 and hour again....lol

Our pizza delivery driver guys start out at $10 and hour... plus tips.

and Mickey D's genrally start out at $10 and hour too. DUDES..... the cost of living isnt THAT high in Minnesota. I think you all need to move here.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    O.com's #2 trouble maker

• shooter1201
    replied
    quote:
    It makes sense -- we're all doing the same job with the same risks.

And therein lies the whole problem......

Leave a comment:

• kirch
    Forum Member

• kirch
    replied
    The departments in our county tend to pay a little higher than the norm in WI, I believe. The highest pays $18/hr and the lowest I've heard is $11/hr. At least it beats being a WI Conservation Warden - you have to go through the academy to get hired for part-time work, then it only pays $9/hr. From what I've heard in talking with other officers, most departments around here pay their part-timers close to what the full-timers are making. It makes sense -- we're all doing the same job with the same risks.

As a part-timer with my department I earn $16/hr but receive no benefits.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    O.com's #2 trouble maker

• shooter1201
    replied
    I'm covered under workman's comp...had a claim earlier this summer(THAT's a whole 'nother can of worms.). I'm also a member of SSPBA....to cover MY ***.

Leave a comment:

• shorty
    Forum Member

• shorty
    replied
    Shooter, don't feel bad, our part-timers work for $7.00 an hour also. No benefits, no insurance, no civil service protection. When I started there in 1997, the part timers (which is what I started as until I could take the civ serv test) was being paid $5.15 an hour. Part-timers work same hours, do same job, only for less money.
    Civil service employees start out at $10.64 an hour.
    Our reserves don't receive pay or any benefits. They volunteer only. I just wonder if one of them ever gets hurt on the job, is workman's comp going to pay their medical bills and compensate any lost wages from their other jobs? I know our great and wonderful commission won't put a cent in to help them [Frown]

Leave a comment:

• WHC166
    replied
    When I was working part-time I made $8.50/hr. I have no idea what they pay now. The department I currently work for does not use part time officers.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    O.com's #2 trouble maker

• shooter1201
    replied
    Nope...I'm sure not in it for the $$$! LOL Same way with teaching.

While the 'cost of living' may be less in my area, the cost of vehicles, medical insurance, etc, is about the same as everywhere else. A $20K truck is still a $20K truck.

I used to ask myself 'WHY?' I stayed in teaching. Every morning when my kids walk through my door, I know the answer. It's pretty much the same reason I'm in LEO work.

I need to write a book...LOL

Leave a comment:

• everyones favorite dispatcher
    Forum Member

replied
    by the way we also revieve full benifits and retirement!

Leave a comment:

Forum Member

replied
    look at where we live, it is a economically depressed area that works on the good ol'boy system. that is not a good thing especially in todays world. but it is pretty sad that a dispatcher makes more than a officer @ $8.10 an hour.

Leave a comment:

• LeeRoy
    Retired! Not.

• LeeRoy
    replied
    Our reserves are paid nothing and typically work as cover officers or work security at public events. We also hire our recently retired officers to work filling in while we try to catch up on hiring (never seems to happen though). In CA if you are collecting a pension from Cal PERS you can work no more than half time for a PERS agency. Our retired officers make full time officer pay minus benefits.

Leave a comment:

• Steve in PA
    Forum Rookie

• Steve in PA
    replied
    Our part-timers get a whopping $9.00 an hour, with no benifits.

Leave a comment:

• tcsd1236
    Forum Member

• tcsd1236
    replied
    The part time agency I work at on the side is the lowest-paying part time agency in my county and I make about $9.50 an hour. The other agencies employing part-timers pay in the 11-13 dollar an hour range.

Leave a comment:

• CinaC
    No Longer Active

• CinaC
    replied
    But at least people know Shooter isn't a cop for the money. And I think that says quite a bit about him.

I'm really bummed I was an Assistant Manager at Domino's for $7 ... I didn't work much ... shoulda gotten this job a lot sooner and not have had to deal with those cursed Friday night closing shifts ... yuck!

Leave a comment:

• kateykakes
    Banned

• kateykakes
    replied
    shooter,

Maybe you might want to look into other departments because that really does seems awful low, unless that's the norm in TN. I know the cost of living is cheaper down south, but even the jobs I did searches on in medical billing in the Chattanooga area started out at $12/hr. I could never understand how someone who puts their life on the line everyday is compensated with peanuts.

Leave a comment:

• shooter1201
    O.com's #2 trouble maker

• shooter1201
    replied
    My kids are in D.A.R.E. this period.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3418 users online. 212 members and 3206 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X