300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part-timer LEO pay....

I have no idea what other agencies pay their part-time officers, but I've been working part-time for my PD the past 2 years for a whopping $7/hour. I have the SAME duties and responsibilities as the full-time officers(reports, arrest powers, court, etc).

ANYway.....I was just curious what other agencies paid.
    "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."
    -Commanding General, 1st Marine Division

We don't have part-timers, but we do have reserves.

Their patrol hours are free, but any special details, as well as court appearances, are paid at $23/hour, which is the base pay for full-time officers.

Comment

Damn Shooter. That's what I make to sit in the English department's computer lab and post on O.com!

Of course, I do this job only so that I can have something to do in between classes, and earning a little extra cash never killed anyone!

Comment

My kids are in D.A.R.E. this period.
        "When you guys get home and face an anti-war protester, look him in the eyes and shake his hand. Then, wink at his girlfriend, because she knows she's dating a *****."

Comment

shooter,

Maybe you might want to look into other departments because that really does seems awful low, unless that's the norm in TN. I know the cost of living is cheaper down south, but even the jobs I did searches on in medical billing in the Chattanooga area started out at $12/hr. I could never understand how someone who puts their life on the line everyday is compensated with peanuts.

Comment

But at least people know Shooter isn't a cop for the money. And I think that says quite a bit about him.

I'm really bummed I was an Assistant Manager at Domino's for $7 ... I didn't work much ... shoulda gotten this job a lot sooner and not have had to deal with those cursed Friday night closing shifts ... yuck!

Comment

The part time agency I work at on the side is the lowest-paying part time agency in my county and I make about $9.50 an hour. The other agencies employing part-timers pay in the 11-13 dollar an hour range.

Comment

Our part-timers get a whopping $9.00 an hour, with no benifits.
                Steve

Comment

Our reserves are paid nothing and typically work as cover officers or work security at public events. We also hire our recently retired officers to work filling in while we try to catch up on hiring (never seems to happen though). In CA if you are collecting a pension from Cal PERS you can work no more than half time for a PERS agency. Our retired officers make full time officer pay minus benefits.
                  If you see me running try to keep up!

Comment

look at where we live, it is a economically depressed area that works on the good ol'boy system. that is not a good thing especially in todays world. but it is pretty sad that a dispatcher makes more than a officer @ $8.10 an hour.

Comment

by the way we also revieve full benifits and retirement!

Comment

Nope...I'm sure not in it for the $$$! LOL Same way with teaching.

While the 'cost of living' may be less in my area, the cost of vehicles, medical insurance, etc, is about the same as everywhere else. A $20K truck is still a $20K truck.

I used to ask myself 'WHY?' I stayed in teaching. Every morning when my kids walk through my door, I know the answer. It's pretty much the same reason I'm in LEO work.

I need to write a book...LOL

Comment

When I was working part-time I made $8.50/hr. I have no idea what they pay now. The department I currently work for does not use part time officers.

Comment

Shooter, don't feel bad, our part-timers work for $7.00 an hour also. No benefits, no insurance, no civil service protection. When I started there in 1997, the part timers (which is what I started as until I could take the civ serv test) was being paid $5.15 an hour. Part-timers work same hours, do same job, only for less money.
                            Civil service employees start out at $10.64 an hour.
                            Our reserves don't receive pay or any benefits. They volunteer only. I just wonder if one of them ever gets hurt on the job, is workman's comp going to pay their medical bills and compensate any lost wages from their other jobs? I know our great and wonderful commission won't put a cent in to help them [Frown]
                            In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

I'm covered under workman's comp...had a claim earlier this summer(THAT's a whole 'nother can of worms.). I'm also a member of SSPBA....to cover MY ***.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4083 users online. 258 members and 3825 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X