300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caffeine Pills?

Does anyone know how healthy these things are? I can't imagine they're any worse for you then coffee is (and I *HATE* coffee).

And pro-/cons- to using caffeine pills? Thanks.

When I worked third shift, I'd take caffeine pills to stay up and then sleeping pills to fall asleep. Not a good combo indeed.

Personally, I avoid caffeine now with the exception of iced tea. Since then, I have felt more clear headed and alert without the caffeine as opposed to with it.

As for pros and cons, I can think of plenty of cons.. you can actually overdose from caffeine and it's effects on your heart is not healthy. Pros? I really cannot think of a pro that is worth the risk to your health.

[ 08-27-2002, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: RaychelR ]
    No partner is worth your tears -
    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

One pill is equal to about 2 cups of regular coffee.

I drink so much coffee that the pills aren't needed.......and I LIKE the coffee.

Comment

Too much caffine can affect your nervous system. I use to go through 50+ cans of Mountian Dew a week.(M.D. has the highest caffine level in soda, yes even Jolt. Jolt has more sugar but 1% less caffine then Dew.) Caffine is adictive in any form. Take the pills every day for a week then stop. Garuntee headache!
        Symptoms of too much caffine: headaches, shakes, extra bowel movements, and peeing constantly. Plus it affects your work out. You will burn alot of fat faster, but also protien. Your muscles wont have a chance to take advantage of the protien cause it'll be digested too fast and right out the poop-shoot! [Eek!]
        Pros: keeps you alert briefly

Cons: Recks havock on circulurtary system
        Only keeps you alert breifly, then your more tired
        addictive
        etc.
        hopes this helps. been away from caffine for 2 months now and feel alot better.

[ 08-27-2002, 09:29 PM: Message edited by: Mortal Knight ]

Comment

I took a few before school sometimes in high school. They did come in handy...But like Rachel said, the biggest con I've heard is that it can really screw up your heart.
          If we're not supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?

Comment

CiaJ,

I would really hope you don't take the caffeine pills. I did many years ago when I lived in NC. I worked 2 waitressing jobs and the second job kept me up a good portion of the night, and had to get up early for my first job. Those pills are no good for your system. Like Raychel, I'd take something to keep me up so I could work, and then something to help me sleep. I was a mess. Both pills were OTC and legal, but didn't matter, they still screw up your system.

I rarely drink anything with caffeine now. I allow myself one cup of coffee in the morning and that's it, and I skip it on the weekends completely. I'm extremely addicted to Diet Coke, but I make sure that's caffeine free too.

Comment

I read somewhere that caffiene also promotes sore muscles. Probably related to what Mortal Knight was saying about the protein.

I've found that diet pills like Xenadrine, Ripped Fuel, etc. work better than caffiene pills and don't have so many side effects.
              The ends justifies the means

Comment

check the ingredients of Xenadrine at this link:
                http://www.4-xenadrine.com/xenadrine_faq.html
                Notice the caffeine equivalent.
                "Why is it that our children cannot read the Bible in school, yet they can in prison?"

Comment

If you’re drinking DIET soda caffeine should be the least of your worries.

Comment

Water is much better for you.. it rehydrates the body and keeps you alert and clear thinking more than caffeine can imo.
                    No partner is worth your tears -
                    the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

quote:
                      If you
                      Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

Ok here is a factthat some may not realize. Anything you take, food wise, into your body nowadays that has a warning that it could cause health problems has been massively introduced into a lab rat somewhere. There is nothing out there wherether it is surgar, saccrine, nutrisweet, caffine or any other additive that will not cause a lab rat to die after mass quanities. heck if I remember right the average person would have to drink 23 or 24 gallons of regular soda a day for a year or so to even develop a serious health risk as seen in lab rats. In my opinion there is not much that is not going to kill you nowadays and all these doom sayers will try to tell it is going to happen quick. I say eat and drink what you find to be enjoyable and live you life as you see fit.

Klar
                        Are you a Veteran? If so join AMVETS the only organization that accepts all vets no matter when or where they served. Contact me for more info.

Comment

quote:
                          I say eat and drink what you find to be enjoyable and live you life as you see fit.
                          I agree!!! And besides, these days, you could probably find a lawyer to argue that the company didn't put a warning label on every molecule so there's no way you could have *possibly* known it was bad for you!!  -
                          [Wink]
                          Don't take life too seriously- you'll never come out of it alive.

Comment

I read some where; "every thing is permissible, but not everything is beneficial..."
                            The point is a little caffine isn't going to harm anyone. A little artifical sugar is harmless also. But taken in large quantities, no to good. I use to drink alot of soda, eat a lot of junk food, smoke alot of cigerettes and felt good.
                            When I decieded to go for a police career I started to focus on my health, mainly to past the physical. Since then I stop drinking soda, cut back majorly on my junk food, and quit smoking.
                            I feel alot better about myself. I miss smoking sometimes, but only the social part of it. Soda doesn't taste as good anymore, and rarely do I crave junk food.
                            I agree it won't affect you like they say it affects a rat, but I rather be the best, the top of my game, then not.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5128 users online. 291 members and 4837 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X