• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridge man arrested in speeding ticket scam

Cambridge man arrested in speeding ticket scam

by Franci Richardson
    Monday, August 26, 2002

A Cambridge man posing as a cop chasing speeders was arrested yesterday as he tried to shake down drivers for ``whatever (they) had'' if they wanted to avoid a ticket, police said.

Wynter Aiguier, 21, a passenger in a Lexus, used a blue light to stop a 28-year-old Watertown man about 6:35 a.m. on Soldiers Field Road before asking for his license and registration, according to state police Lt. Paul Maloney.

``After he reapproached the vehicle, the (suspect) says he should give him an $85 ticket for the violation and demands whatever he has as a payoff to avoid the ticket,'' Maloney said.

When the driver declined to hand over the bribe, Aiguier allegedly admonished him for speeding before allowing him to leave.

The Watertown man drove to the Brighton state police barracks, where he provided a description of the car and two suspects.

About 30 minutes later, Cambridge police stopped the Lexus at Cambridge and Prospect streets and arrested Aiguier, who was identified by the victim.

For now, Aiguier is charged with extortion, impersonating a police officer and disturbing the peace. He was held on $5,000 bail, pending his appearance in Brighton District Court today.

The driver of the Lexus, whose name police withheld, was taken into custody, but later released. Maloney said he could face charges pending further investigation into two similar incidents reported yesterday morning.

``Given the situation, the driver may also face charges,'' Maloney said.
    Here is the link --- >

http://www2.bostonherald.com/news/local_regional/scam08262002.htm
    Greg's Myspace
    My Photos on Flick'r

Now what kind of dumb*** is going to stop for someone just because they have a blue light? You can buy those at Spencer's in any mall for $20.00! Especially a car that doesn't have police markings or a man in uniform? Sorry, but he would have had to follow me to the PD if he wanted me to stop for him!
    In valor there is hope - Tacitus

Comment

Shorty,

quote:
      Originally posted by shorty:
      Now what kind of dumb*** is going to stop for someone just because they have a blue light? You can buy those at Spencer's in any mall for $20.00! Especially a car that doesn't have police markings or a man in uniform? Sorry, but he would have had to follow me to the PD if he wanted me to stop for him!

In the state of Washington, the State Patrol enforces traffic in unmarked vehicles such as an SUV with blue lights.

Retired
      Retired

Comment

Kentucky uses camaros for traffic enforcement.
        No partner is worth your tears -
        the one that is won't make you cry. - Anonymous

<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?Form.SortOrder=UserName&Start=1&Artist= Raychel&ByArtist=Yes" target="_blank">My Photo Gallery</a>

Comment

Baltimore City has brand new Ford Mustangs

(Marked, tho, I think ... never seen one myself ...)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3261 users online. 205 members and 3056 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X