300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The lighter side Part 2.... on cooking

Whats the best and worst thing you have ever cooked?

The first time I made stew from scratch it was so good I ate the whole thing myself. Would have served 4! Couldn't eat for 2 days after that! I never made it again!!

The worst thing I have made is cheese souffle! It keeps sinking!!

I make incredible lasagne...just like my granny used to make in Italy. Two other things I love (but haven't made it in a long time) that always turn out great, are ratatouille and melanzane alla parmigiana (eggplant parmesan) YUM!

One time I made this onion casserole (I know, it sounds pretty nasty, huh). It looked so good in the book. Damn, it was so gross. Threw it right out. YUCK!

------------------
    "There's no place like home."

Comment

The best thing i cook is, Oh wait I do not cook anything good or remotely great

The worst thing i cook is tuna noodle casserole, it was so bad the dog would not even eat it and my daughter actually threw up. My husband laughed so hard and told everyone in the family about it. I personally thought the food was delicious but i also ate dog food as a kid too

[This message has been edited by ftrphxcop (edited 06-08-2001).]

Comment

The best thing is anything with salmon. It always turns out--salmon on the grill, smoked salmon in my stovetop smoker, salmon cheesecake (yes, really), Scotch Salmon (sauteed with orange juice concentrate, drambuie and butter), Salmon Wellington, salmon with a red Thai curry sauce...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. There's also nothing like freshly caught trout from a high mountain lake, poached with butter and wine.

The worst? Coconut shrimp and coconut chicken. The recipe sounded better than the result.

Comment

The best thing...brats, with green peppers and onions, steamed on the grille. Sausage and pepper pasta, burgers and steaks(on the grill, of course),beans and rice and nacho dip.

Worst...I tried chicken and rice. As simple as that is, I screwed it up royally! My wife said "I love your cooking. I always have. But...this sucks". Honesty is good!

------------------
          FLLawdog
          "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

Just about anything that I
            6P1 (retired)

Comment

What's "cooking"? After 24 years of marriage I've finally learned how to make a chicken noodle soup from scratch that everybody likes so I make it about every other day. That's my best recipe. My worst? Well I did try a chocolate souffle once and everybody just laughed at it. :-( We go out to eat a LOT.

------------------
              Thalia, mom of 10 (so far) "Women shouldn't have children after 35, thirty five children are enough."

Comment

Wanna share that kitty recipe with us, Don ?

Try smoked chicken instead of grilled. MUCH better! I've got an electric smoker(charcoal takes way too long) and I love it for poultry and Boston Butts. Oh, that's the other thing I do good...pulled pork! Yuuuuuuummmmmy!

------------------
                FLLawdog
                "Never try to teach a pig to sing...it wastes your time and it annoys the pig."

Comment

I make two really good dishes. The first one is grilled salmon with a homemade orange barbeque sauce. It's WONDERFUL. I also like to make pan-seared sesame crusted ahi tuna (cooked medium-rare) with wasabi mashed potatoes and a special sauce. If you have access to good sushi-grade tuna, this is a wonderful dish to make.

Comment

I hate to say this, but I'd make somebody a good wife, if they could overlook certain opinions about things.

Comment

Does that mean you can or can't cook?
                      Do you clean?

Comment

Best things i make = Crab Imperial and a cake called Rocky Road Cake

worst things = well, i tried to cook breaded, fried flounder when i was first married, tried to turn it over in the pan much too soon, ended up with a pan full of mushy breading and fish crumbs. threw the pan away too. also made a great brownie recipe but used cake flour instead...yuk.
                        "You did what you knew how to do...and when you knew better, you did better." ~~Maya Angelou

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Don:
                          [b]Just about anything that I
                          "Old squad cars never die, they just smell that way."
                          Murphy

Comment

Originally posted by wonderwoman:
                            Does that mean you can or can't cook?
                            Do you clean?
                            Yes.

Comment

I'm not the cook.....My husband is and he is excellent at it. I once made a meatloaf right after we were first married. It was great! Only trouble was, it weighed like 10 pounds because I was used to cooking for 10! LOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6110 users online. 364 members and 5746 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X