Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gonna be a Tutor-Mentor!

Well at last!

I've just been advised I have been accepted as a tutor for American Indian youth at-risk, and will begin working with
    them in July. These are teen-age tough guys
    (and girls) who have been booted out of schools.

I'll be a tutor in the basic three Rs as well as instructing in cultural areas.

Years ago, I thought I would be doing house repair for Cherokee elders, then my back blew out. So I was to do legal clerk functions, but got myself a heart attack last year!

But now I can do this for my nation here in Oklahoma and feel like I am functioning as a member of the nation.

(I am told I was chosen to be a tutor-mentor for these guys because of my military background and the young people I will have in the group will need a tiny=teeny bit of attention to retain their focus :eek

Jim Burnes
    (Back in the Saddle)

Congratulations Jim!! I am sure you will bring them great knowledge and wisdom!!
    Good for you to undertake such an important initiative!

Comment

Congrats!!!
      There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot.

Steven Wright

Comment

Jim that's Great! I have to admire you if you have the patience to work with these kids. I think I'd be having them "do the chicken" on the floor within an hour!

This is one of those "It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it," things that really does need to be done. I just don't see how a person can have that much patience!

------------------
        I used to have an open mind - but my brains kept falling out.

6P1 (retired)
        6P1 (retired)

Comment

From what I gather, it won't be a boys club, they will have been in trouble, bad homes, etc.

It's may be pretty intense, but they will come out of the other end better than when they began...(fall in!)

Now, I got to make some arrangements...

Jim Burnes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4332 users online. 219 members and 4113 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X