Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think corruption has become the exception and not the rule anymore. I think you'll always find the rural town that has its police dept turning a blind eye to DUI's or Public Intox's. Ive seen towns that really didnt want you enforcing to much traffic laws on the locals. But I dont think Ive ever seen blatant corruption before.

I have seen individual Officers do some shady things but they were soon rooted out of LE by the Sheriff or Chief. Its kind of like the racially motivated LE of a town. I have worked rural Oklahoma all my career and havent ever seen anyone chasing blacks or other races just because of skin color. Im sure it happens here and there but LE in general has passed that era by.

As long as politics has any bearing over LE there is going to be some form of good ole boy club working on some level. As it stands Sheriff's, some Chiefs, DA's, and Judges are elected officials so politics is very well set to meddle with some arrests and prosecutions.
    Last edited by HCSO511; 03-30-2009, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Over the weekend I watched the movie "Pride and Glory." I think the movie was great and I do believe stuff like that happens till this day. Maybe not as bad, but I bet it happens.

Comment

I saw a new level of corruption when I worked a union job. It was terrible and it was blatant. It's also part of the reason I am against unions.
        What is Perseverance?
        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

[QUOTE=Brendon;1731128]I honestly never do this, but 1+.

It seems like Police are more corrupt than others, but only because the Police have more Authority on a daily basis. QUOTE]

What are you talking about?? Have you ever worked in a Law Enforcement environment where you have first hand knowledge of this?
          According to your profile you're a student, what experience do you have of "corrupt cops"? Don't make these sensational statements without any real world knowledge of what you're talking about.

Comment

I say watch Sylvester Stallone's Cop Land and go from there....

Seriously, sorry to hear what you're going through. You shouldn't have joined a department thinking you can change it from the bottom up...

Comment

Originally posted by Biggy Smallz
              Corruption is nationwide and is not limited to law enforcement. It's just worse in some areas than it is in others.
              good statement.
              ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac View Post
                For some reason I have this feeling that speaking publicly on an open forum about how corrupt your department is might be a bad idea.
                one of the best statements in a long time. remember people your stuff can be traced.
                ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
                Oscar Wilde

Comment

Don't think just because you work for a corrupt department that it is a problem with all departments.
                  Prov 17:17 A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.

Comment

I think it's hillarious that the likes of such students as Porkchop, and jannino view police corruption through the movie lens.

Turbo: Policing, in general, is a very honest profession. But police are the enforcement arm of the goverment they serve and corrupt small town politics lends itself to creating corrupt small departments. I also believe that the best protection against systemic corruption is a no nonsense police supervisor.

Comment

you want to see prime examples of corruption.....head down to Wall Street

Comment

It Was Rampant!!!!!!!

The clerk was constantly having to replace pens, paper clips, staples, photocopy paper and don't get me started on flashlight batteries

Also the fussees in the garage kept disappearing along with the oil, tires and air filters.

Fortunately the Lt. only had a fleet of ten vehicles and 20 Troopers
                        "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

Define Corruption?
                          An extra strike against a criminal that just fired a round at you and your partner?
                          Taking a free cup of coffee?
                          Conducting a search on a ex felon scumbag who has priors for violent crimes without the proper exception, then working it backwards to get a warrant or consent??

You really have to narrow down what corruption is….

Comment

Originally posted by beachcop05 View Post
                            Corruption isn't as widespread as you may think. You really don't give cops a lot of credit. 99 % of us are hard-working people with families, honest people. I work in a 2000 man department in southern CA and as of yet have not seen anything that could be defined as corruption.
                            Can you back that number up with anything? Just knowing the fact that pretty much every government agency from local to federal has a "law enforcement" arm means the number of "cops" in the country is going to be high. Assuming that the screening process gives you a "better cut" of the "cross-section pie" I would imagine the number is around 70-80%.

Comment

Cops are humans, just like the rest of us. Like I said in another post, with the screening involved I think that you are going to get a better group but no screening in the world will weed out everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by fredeasy View Post
                                Can you back that number up with anything? Just knowing the fact that pretty much every government agency from local to federal has a "law enforcement" arm means the number of "cops" in the country is going to be high. Assuming that the screening process gives you a "better cut" of the "cross-section pie" I would imagine the number is around 70-80%.
                                What number?

I back my statement up with my personal experience, what I have seen and heard at work.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14450 users online. 275 members and 14175 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X