300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much corruption is in your department

We are a small department in stratford CT and after talking to a bunch of fellow officers we are trying to see if corruption is spread across the country or just set to certain states.

Your feedback is much appreciated.

One thing i cant stand for being a cop is, dirty cops and political corruption that ruins the brains of new fresh cops getting into this uphill battle of being a police officer.

Our department has taken the first steps to end this. We are trying to remove our chief and DC along with the mayor.

Take a look and let me know what you think

www.stratfordpoliceunion.com

thanks
    SPD we will prevail

You know what is corrupt? Strippers!
    sigpic

Comment

Corruption isn't as widespread as you may think. You really don't give cops a lot of credit. 99 % of us are hard-working people with families, honest people. I work in a 2000 man department in southern CA and as of yet have not seen anything that could be defined as corruption.

Comment

For some reason I have this feeling that speaking publicly on an open forum about how corrupt your department is might be a bad idea.

Comment

Corruption

Well, that term casts a very wide net.

"Corruption" in the sense of dishonest cops? Heck no; not at my old agency. Overall; pretty decent people who really care.

Was there a "good old boys" network? Absolutely. If you were part of the 'inner circle' and were in good with certain people, you were good to go. I think this is the case much of the time - both inside and outside of law enforcement. It's just the way it is, people. Certain folks tend to look out for each other; it is merely human nature.

How does the saying go? "It is often not what you know, but who you know." There's a fine line, but we all know if and when it is crossed.

The comments above reflect my personal opinion as a private citizen, ordinary motorist and all-around good guy.

The aforementioned advice should not be construed to represent any type of professional opinion, legal counsel or other type of instruction with regard to traffic laws, judicial proceedings or official agency policy.

------------------------------------------------

"Ignorance on fire is hotter than knowledge on ice."

Comment

I understand corruption is wide spread. But if u google stratford police department we take the cake. They suspended one of our captins and demoted him to jr sgt for no reason. our mayor hired 15 officers to meet min man and now wants to lay off 4. tired getting his brother on and when the detectives uncoved he was arrested and had a shady background peolpe got fired. When u have a DC whos wife is incharge of HR and hires both there sons on by skippin qualified canidates. I have to put my foot down.
            SPD we will prevail

Comment

Good old boy i dont mind. Put in your time thats fine. But not using funds for equipment or training because the more u save the bigger your bonus is thats wrong. We have some really good guys that are leaving because the admin is forcing them out. We are trying to see if its nation wide even with the way the economey is today
              SPD we will prevail

Comment

I have heard that Unions are quite corrupt as an organization goes.

Comment

Originally posted by turbospeed440 View Post
                  Good old boy i dont mind. Put in your time thats fine. But not using funds for equipment or training because the more u save the bigger your bonus is thats wrong. We have some really good guys that are leaving because the admin is forcing them out. We are trying to see if its nation wide even with the way the economey is today
                  It's not bro, you just got some answers. I'm sorry you have it so bad, but that's definitely not widespread.

Comment

ok so what are some of the best places to work for. ie pay benefits perks
                    SPD we will prevail

Comment

Originally posted by Biggy Smallz
                      Corruption is nationwide and is not limited to law enforcement. It's just worse in some areas than it is in others.
                      I honestly never do this, but 1+.

It seems like Police are more corrupt than others, but only because the Police have more Authority on a daily basis. Anywhere you go, even my mother as a Nurse said her Hospital Administration was corrupt. They love patient dumping.

There are Good Ol' Boy networks in the Police, in Store Management, in Criminal fronts, in Health-care, in Politics, in everything.
                      Last edited by Brendon; 03-25-2009, 11:45 PM.

Comment

it's only in the movies, pass it on.

Comment

I think you find corruption more in your small, rural police departments more than anywhere. I use to hear about corruption but it has been along time since I have heard anything like that. It is not easy anymore due to federal law enforcement cracking down.

Comment

Ok, I will admit. I have on occasion stopped my cruiser in the middle of the street and stole some roadkill from rabid dogs or some vultures. But I swear, I have always cleaned the roadkill up (be it a racoon, fox, rat the size of a cat or a deer) before I seasoned it up and threw it on the grill. I have engaged in this behavior less than 30 times and I am working to stop it...

Comment

LOL, I think I saw a movie on this very topic!
                              "a band is blowing Dixie double four time You feel alright when you hear the music ring"

The real deal

Outshined Pujulesfan Bearcat Chitowndet Sgt Slaughter jthorpe M-11 Lt Borelli L-1Sgt CHP Nikk Smurf Presence1 IcecoldblueyesKimble LADEP ateamer ChiCity R.A.B. Jenners IrishMetal GoldBadge willowdared Monkeybomb PhilipCal pullicords Chit2001 Garbageman Narco CruiserClass Fuzz 10-42Trooper Tex4720 irishlad2nv bajakirch OnThe gurmpyirishmanNYIlliniSgtScott31 CityCopDCcgh6366 FJDave

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10103 users online. 370 members and 9733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X